Chapter 2- the elevator part one

(Y/N)'s POV

After one hour or two we got a possible whereabout of this Scarecrow person.

"I want as many units as possible to 340 42 Bakers street!" Jim basically yells so that everyone could hear.

"Why so many, Detective Gordon?" another detective named Ramerez asks.

"If Scarecrow's as dangerous as they say than he's a threat to everyone." he says and Ramerez nods and gets to work.

I look at Jim while he gets information from other detectives. He turns and starts walking towards me.

"You sure 'bout this?" he asks concerned.

"Yes, Jim. I'm sure." I say and he still looks concerned. "We need to get this criminal, right? And we've got a possible whereabout, right?" he nods. "Right, so we go there, check it out and maybe we're lucky enough to catch Scarecrow." I say and he smiles.

Just as I finished my sentence I see Eddie start walking towards us. I give him a smile as he gets closer. I hear Jim sigh and I bump him on the shoulder.

"Hey, Detective (Y/LN). Hello, Detective Gordon." he says when he's standing next to us.

"Hey, Eddie." I say.

"Hey, Ed." Jim says trying to fake a smile.

"So, what's going on?" he asks.

"Well we are..." Jim starts but gets interrupted by the captain.

"Nygma." Eddie stands straight and nods. "You can go with them, they need someone as smart as you." the captain says with a smirk.

Eddie gets really excited and Jim gets more annoyed. Jim thinks that Eddie talks to much, that he's a little too nerdy and that he's annoying with his riddles.

"Okay, we'll go there together and Jim and I will explain on the way, is that alright?" I say. Eddie nods and then we get to my car.

Five minutes later

"So you got it?" Jim asks Eddie.

"Yup I did!" Eddie says excitedly.

"I want everyone to listen up, Jim, Eddie and I our going in. We want you to make a perimeter so that the Scarecrow can't escape. Got it?" I say loudly so that everyone hears. I turn to Jim. "A few cops are on their way up the stairs." I tell him. He nods and we go in.

We take the elevator up since the stairs are blocked off because of the cops already there. We make it to the third floor until we hear a weird sound.

"What's that?" Eddie asks concerned. "I don't trust it."

I see Jim becoming concerned as well. The sound appears again and then...
BOOM!
The elevator was stuck.

"Sssshhhhhit!" I hiss. "Why now?!"

Jim called Bullock to say that they needed more cops to get in the building because we were stuck.

"Harvey! I swear, we're stuck here. Yes, the elevator just broke down." I hear Jim say. "I'm annoyed already I don't need to get more annoyed, you know what'll happen if I get more annoyed!" he ends the call and I immediately but my hand on his shoulder. He turns his head quickly to my hand then to me.

"Breathe, dude, just breathe." I say and he smiles at me, I smile back.

"One day, the police found a man dead inside a hut. In his left hand, he's holding a gun. In his right hand, he has a recording. When the recording is played, the police hear the man talking about how horrible life is and how he wants it to end. The recording ends with a gunshot. The police are about to call it a suicide until you point out a very important clue. What is it?" Eddie says. I can tell that he was panicking. That's something he does when he is stressed, nervous or panicking, he tells riddles.

"If it was a suicide, the man wouldn't've been able to stop the recording and but it in his own hand." I answer.

"Correct!" he says. Eddie looks nervous and a little scared. I turn to him, he looks away. He's shaking a little.

"Eddie, you good?" I ask. He nods and I ask again. "Eddie, are you actually okay?" he turns around and hugs me, I hug him back. "It'll be okay, Eddie, it'll be okay." I reassure him.

We hear the sounds of people fighting above us. Next thing we know there's a thud on top of the elevator. A little door opens in the ceiling, is that... Scarecrow? He jumps down and Jim starts fighting him, he sprays him with something, I'm not sure what. He sprays Eddie with the same thing, poor Eddie, he was already scared and now this. Scarecrow takes my wrist and drags me after him. I'm out of the elevator but Jim and Eddie are still up there, stuck, in the elevator.

"Hey, (Y/N), it's me!" Scarecrow says.

"You're Scarecrow, I'm aware." I say irritated.

"No, no, no. It's me." he pulls off his mask.

"Johnny?" I'm confused, he definitely sees that. "What did you do to them? What did you spray them with?!" I ask getting angrier and angrier by the second.

"Woah, woah, calm down, you really care about these people, huh?" he says while pointing at the other cops outside.

"They're my friends, especially the two people in the elevator that YOU SPRAYED WITH SOMETHING!" I practically yell.

"Okay, okay." he says while motioning for me to calm down. "No need to shout." he pretends to be clearing out his ear. "I can't tell you everything now, let's set a date and time."

"Johnny, I need you to tell me now!" I look at him with a serious expression on my face.

"No, we can't, too many people around." he says, looking around. "How about tomorrow at 3:00pm?"

"Fine." I say with crossed arms and he starts to walk away. "But you have to tell me everything!" I add and he turns around and gives me a thumbs up. "Also, how do I get them down?" he just ignores me and keeps going.

After a while we get them down and they both look like they've woken up from a nightmare.

"Here, have some water, you might need it." I say, giving them both a papercup of water each. "Might not be the fanciest but hey, it's at least water." they both chuckle and I'm proud of myself.

Jim pours some of the water on his face and he seems to have stopped acting the way he did. Wait, is water the solution?

"Eddie, can you pour some water on your face?" I ask.

"Why?" he looks really confused.

"It helped!" Jim bursts out.

Eddie did it and then looked at me, his eyes go back and forth between me and Jim.

"Yeah it worked, it worked!" he says.

---------------------------------------------
Word count: 1131 words