Chapter 4- back at the GCPD

(Y/FF) = your favorite food
(Y/FD) = your favorite drink

(Y/N)'s POV

I went to bed that night being really tired.

I woke up as usual, really tired but today I was really excited for today's events, I mean I'm going on a date with Eddie, he might not be the ideal boyfriend but he's really cute and so kind. Since I was a little kid and became friends with Johnny, I thought that I would end up with him, but after last nights events I'm not sure how I feel about being together with Johnny, I still like him but I don't know. Ugh, stop thinking about that right now (Y/N), you need to get ready for work!

I got out of bed and decided to take a shower since I might not be able to do that after work because of Johnny and then the date. As the hot water hit my skin I instantly woke up. It gave me the kick I needed but it was also calming. I had washed my hair and started washing my body. As I washed myself I started thinking about Eddie. Why did he want to go out with me? What did he see in me? I'm just a girl that decided to work as a detective, nothing special about me. When I stepped out of the shower I saw that I had missed called and text messages from Eddie. I called him back in case something happened. He picked up!

"Hey, Eddie, sorry I didn't answer, I was showering." I tell him.

"Hi, (Y/N), it's okay, I was just wonder what your favorite food and drink was." he asks.

"Well..." I drag out the 'L'. "It's difficult but if I had to choose it would be (Y/FF) and (Y/FD)."

"Okay, well I'll see you at work." he says.

"Yup, see ya." he hangs up and I go to my room to get dressed.

A few minutes later

I walk in to the GCPD.

"Ramerez, you got anything yet?" I ask, he shakes his head. "Allverez, you?"

"Nah, not yet, I'm working on it." he says. I give him a thumbs up and go to my desk.

The other cops that fought the Scarecrow yesterday had apparently found some dead bodies somewhere hidden in that building. I was kind of curious so I went to the ME. I walk up to the door and knock a few times.

"Come in!" I hear a familiar voice say.

"Hey, welcome back!" I say and go up to hug our ME Leslie Thomkins. "You've been on a vacation and as soon as you get back, you get some dead bodies to examine." she laughs a little.

"Yeah, well I'm a ME in Gotham, what else do you expect." she says.

"Nothing much honestly." both of us laugh a little after that. "So what have you found?" I ask.

"Well, they all died in different ways, I don't think that the Scarecrow killed them but he must have done something to make them." she says. "I just started so I don't have much, I'll keep you updated." I give her a smile and a nod. I give her one last hug before I get back to work.

I get to my desk and there is Jim.

"Hey, Jim." I say.

"Hey, (Y/N). I just wanted to check what you came up with when I wasn't here." he says closing the file on my desk.

"Not much, well, there's one thing." I say, Jim looks at be curiously. "I went and talked to Lee, she said that she believes Scarecrow didn't kill the people that were found dead in that building, she believes they did it themselves and that Scarecrow affected them somehow." he looks really confused, then he looks like he's got it.

"You mean, the spray?" he asks.

"Yup. I think whatever he sprayed you with is what made them become the way they did." I say. He nods but still looks confused.

Later that day:

Jim and I were sitting at our desks and discussing the case. We were both getting a little confused about this case. We had been talking about this for a while now and we were both starting to get tired.

"Oh-oh, here we go again, some more riddles coming our way." Jim says and we both look the same way, it was Eddie. He walks up to us.

"Hey, Eddie." I say, smiling. I look at Eddie and my smile goes away. "Don't tell me you have to cancel it." I say looking a little disappointed.

"Cancel what, exactly?" Jim asks. Both Eddie and I look at him for a second, then we turn back to each other. "Fine, don't tell me then."

"No, it's not that, though I have to make it a little later if it's okay. The captain wanted me here a little longer, I don't know why but she wanted me to. Is that alright?" he says.

"Yeah, of course, it's your job, that's more important than a date." I say.

"Okay, thank you." he says, turning to leave. Then he turns around to face me. "You know what, a job is more important than a date, but not more important than a date with you." he adds. "I will just tell the captain that I have something important to do."

"Okay, so 4:30pm?" I ask. He nods and then goes back to work.

"A date?! With Ed?!" Jim asks.

"Yup. Why?" I tell him.

"Well, he doesn't seem like your type." he says.

"You don't know my type, Jim, and I don't know yours." I say, he nods and we get back to work.

"That's true." he says laughing a little. I look up at him, just as I did he looked down but I caught his eyes for a split second. What was that look in his eyes?

It was now the end of my shift. I knew that Johnny was going to meet up with me, he had alot of explaining to do, about Scarecrow, how and why he did it? I hope we'll be done in time.

"Bye, Jim, I'll see you tomorrow." I say, waving goodbye at Jim right before I turn to leave.

"Goodbye, have fun on that date of yours." he says and chuckles. I stick my tongue out at him, he smiles and goes back to work.

I decide to go talk to Eddie before I leave. I get to one of the medical rooms, I knock and I hear him, telling me to come in.

"Hey, Eddie." I say and he immediately looks up at me and smiles. "I just wanted to come by real quick before I left."

"Hey, what for?" he asks.

"I don't know, didn't really have something to say just wanted to see you." I say, he smiles even brighter. "I'll see you tonight."

"Yup, I'll be outside of your apartment at around..." I interrupt him.

"4:30pm? Yeah, I know." we both kind of laugh. I smile at him and then turn to leave.

Now, in about an hour I'm going to be having a little chat with Johnny.

----------------------------------------
Word count: 1208 words