Chapter 6- Eddie meets Scarecrow

Edward's POV

I arrive at her apartment. I'm really nervous, I'm surprised she even said yes to going out with me. It very uncommon to meet someone like her. Someone like her going on a date with someone like me, that's rare. I walk up the stairs to the third floor. I stand outside her door, really nervous to knock but I do. I knock on her door and she opens it. I look her in the eyes and then the rest of her. Wow, she looks amazing.

"Hey, Eddie." she chuckles.

"Hey." I say. "Wow, you look... just, amazing." I say, she laughs.

"Thank you! I could say the same for you." she says and points at my suit. I look down and then back up at her, I smile.

"Thank you!" I say before putting my arm out for her to grab. "Shall we?" I add.

"We shall!" she says and grabs my arm.

We go toward my car. I open the door for her because I want to be polite. She gets in, I close the door and make my way towards the driver's side, I open the door and get in. I look at her, damn she's pretty, I start the car and start driving to my apartment. When we get there, we go up the stairs to my apartment, I take out my keys and open the door. In the middle of the room is a table with (Y/FF) and (Y/FD).

"I was kind of expecting a restaurant." she says. She stops. "Nevermind." she says, I think she noticed the food.

I take her coat and hang it up on the hangers. We both walk up to the table, I pull out her chair and she sits down, I then precede to walk over and sit in my chair. We then start eating. Wow, she's pretty.

You're never going to get her Ed, don't forget that! She will never truly love you, she might say that she does but she's never really going to.

Shut up! Can't I have one night without you? I will end up with her, I promise!

Okay, if you say so. But don't come to me when it doesn't work out.

Well, you're always here so I can't really escape you, can I?

You know, she might not love you but maybe she'll love me, who knows?

She won't like you, not at all.

I wouldn't be so sure about that if I were you.

After the dinner date

I drive (Y/N) home and we say goodbye. I get back in my car and start driving home. On the way home I think about what he said.

'You know, she might not love you but maybe she'll love me, who knows?'

No, she does love me, that's something he doesn't get.

I get home and I basically throw off my coat and shoes. I go to take the dishes from the table and that's when I notice a note next to (Y/N)'s plate. I get excited because I think that it's from her but then I open it up and start reading.

'Dear mister Nygma, seems like (Y/N) has got it in for you. Maybe she likes you but I doubt it.  You see, (Y/N) and I had a little moment earlier today. Well, have a great night mister Nygma.'

I look around the room and I notice that the window is wide open.

"Hello? I know you're here. Just, show yourself." I say as I look around.

"Hello, Eddie." I hear someone say, I also hear footsteps coming closer.

I look around until I stop and look at the silhouette of a person, I can't see the face but the voice is a little familiar. The person steps into the light and I freeze completely. It's the same person that sprayed me and Jim with that weird gas.

"Aww, you remember me." The person says. "Do you know who I am? Except for the person who sprayed you with fear gas." They ask, I shake my head. "Well you see." They continue as they walk towards me. "I'm the Scarecrow. And yes, I did write that note that you're holding." They say, pointing at the note in my hand.

I look down at my hand then I look back up at Scarecrow with a confused and afraid look on my face.

Jonathan's POV- during the date

I park my car in the closest parking lot, it is quite far away so I walk for about 5-10 minutes. I get to the GCPD and go right in, not caring about who's in the way because I can easily walk past them. I walk in looking for James Gordon; shouldn't be too hard to find, he is James Gordon after all. I walk up the receptionist to my right.

"Hello, sir, I'm looking for James Gordon, do you know where he is?" I ask when I get to the receptionist.

I notice that he opens his mouth and started pointing somewhere but immediately  stopped and closed his mouth when he looked behind me.

"That would be me, and you are?" I hear a voice behind me say, I turn around and there he is; the one and only, James Gordon. "Dr. Crane." he says, a little shocked. "Didn't expect you here,  what can help you with?" he asks.

"Well, I'm wondering if you know where (Y/N) is?" I say and he looks hesitant.

"oh, yeah I know where she is, but if she hasn't told you then maybe she doesn't want you to meet her, who knows?" he says.

With that comment, I get a little frustrated. She didn't tell me, that's true, but that she doesn't want to meet me, how dare he?! (Y/N) and I have been friends since forever and here he is saying that she doesn't want to meet me, wow.

"I'm sorry, Jim. Wait, can I call you Jim?" he nods. "okay, I'm sorry, Jim, but I think you might've been mistaken." he looks confused and I continue. "Well, (Y/N) and I have been friends since we were little kids, we were inseparable. Unlike you, Jim, I actually know her, through and through, so for you to stand here and say that she doesn't want to meet me, is just disrespectful."

"okay fine, she's at Ave Green 21, third floor, room to the far right." he says.

"Thank you, Jim, you're such a sweetheart." I turn to walk away but before I go I turn to Jim and say: "oh and, good luck on the case, this Scarecrow seems to be quite the person to catch." I turn and walk out.

-----------------------------------

Word count: 1126 words