Chapter 9- Dr. Crane visits

(Y/N)'s POV

"So, what's up?" Jim asks when I get to my desk.

"Nothing." I say and sit down.

"No, don't even try, I know that we are work partners but mostly friends." He says and I look up confused.

"Who are you and what have you done with James Gordon?" I ask and chuckle, he also chuckles. "Since when did James Gordon think about friendship more than work?" I ask.

"Since us." Harvey says and puts down a coffee on my desk. "Two sugar, two milks." He says and smiles. "C'mon be honest with us, what's going on?" Harvey asks.

"Jim." I say and look at him. "Weren't you the one who wanted your life outside of work private?" I ask.

"That was when we started, when you barely knew us." Jim says.

"Essen, where is she?" I ask looking around.

"Don't change the subject." Harvey says. "She's at a meeting, she'll be back soon. Now, back to where we were." He says.

"Fine, it's between Eddie and I, we'll deal with it ourselves." I say.

"I knew it wouldn't go well." Jim says. "Sorry to say it but it's kind of obvious it wouldn't work out, he's too nice, soft and weird for you." He says.

"Maybe." I say. "Let's work on the case now, shall we?" I ask, they both nod and we get to work.

We worked on the case for about two or three hours until it was lunch time. Because of the hurry I was in this morning I had forgotten to pack a lunch. I sit at my desk whilst Harvey and Jim get their lunches. When they get back and sit down at their desks they look directly at me.

"I believe you have a visitor." Harvey says and looks towards the entrance, I look over and there is Johnny.

"Hello." Johnny says as he walks up the stairs to our desks. "You forgot to pack lunch so I thought I could bring you some food." He says and looks straight at me.

"Thank you, you're a life savior." I say and he places the bag of Chinese takeout on my desk.

I look up at him and he looks down on me. He switches his look between my eyes and mouth. He bends down and kisses me for a few seconds. He pulls away and I smile.

"Goodbye, see you tonight." He says as he walks away, I stand up.

"What is happening tonight?" I ask and look at him.

"You'll see." He says, he smirks and leave the precinct.

I sit down and start unpacking the food. I look up, Jim and Harvey are basically staring at me. Harvey is smiling and Jim looks quite confused.

"So that was what you were doing yesterday. That's who you had a sleepover with." Harvey says.

"Might have been so." I say and start eating.

They both start eating as well and we just talk for about an hour. When we're done we start working on the case again.

"Detectives." She says as she walks past us and into her office. "Has Dr. Crane been here yet?" She asks.

"Yes, he was here and left something then left." Jim says.

"He was suppose to check out how the GCPD works." She says. "Oh, nevermind, there he is." He says and looks toward the entrance. "Good day, Dr. Crane." She says and shakes Johnny's hand.

"Good day, Essen." Johnny says. "I'm sorry that I didn't stay before, I felt like I needed to freshen up so I went home." He says.

"Ah, it's fine. You're not one of these detectives." She says.

"If we went home during our shift to freshen up we wouldn't be standing here the next day." Harvey says jokingly and we all give a slight laugh.

"Maybe they can show you around." She says and motions at us.

"I don't know, captain, this is quite the case." Jim says.

"It is, but you three are the best detectives in Gotham, a little time off a case won't hurt or stop you." She says.

"I guess not." Harvey says.

"Well then, let's go." I say and we start walking.

Jim sighs and stands up. Harvey pats him on the back and chuckle, I look back at Jim and laugh a bit, he looks like he's done with all of us which he probably is. We show Johnny around and then get back to our desks. I get an extra chair for Johnny and we all sit down.

"So, what is the case about?" Johnny asks and both Harvey and I look at Jim, Jim looks at us and sighs.

"It's about a criminal who goes by the name of Scarecrow. We are not sure what the person is after, most criminals in Gotham either want money, power or to make a statement." Jim says and looks at Johnny, I look at Johnny and he gives me a quick glance.

"We are not sure but we believe that the person is at least a little crazy." Harvey says.

"Anyone who goes around in a mask, calling themselves Scarecrow and spraying people with some kind of toxin is definitely crazy." Jim says, he turns to me. "What do you think, (Y/N)?" He asks.

"I think that..." I think for a minute or so. "I think that this person might be going through something, that doesn't make it okay for them to do it but at least then we would know their motives." I say.

"Could be." Harvey says. "She likes to see the good in people before judging them, you probably already know that though." He adds.

"Yeah, I do." Johnny says.

"But you know we can't use that as an excuse, right?" Jim says and looks at me.

"Of course I know, one of the first things we learned in school." I say and Jim nods and we get back to work.

Johnny just sits there, watching us as we work, I'm kind of worried what he's thinking about this since this case is about him. I know that I'm doing something illegal by not telling anyone about this but I just can't, I can't do that to Johnny. I look over at Johnny and he just smiles at me. I get a feeling right as he looks me straight in the eyes, I try to play it off. When I look back at the case I feel my phone vibrate, I check and I just got a text from Lee.

Lee💗

I need to talk to you real quick, if that's okay

Yeah that's fine :)

---------------------------------
Word count: 1107 words