Chapter 16- New information source part one

"Johnny-" I mumble, looking up at the handsome man towering over me.

"Yes, dear, what is it?" he asks.

"You're pretty." I smile.

"Is that so?"

"Mhm" I reply.

"Well, I can't beat you, can I?" I smile at him.

Out of nowhere, he disappears. He just disappears, fades away, he's no longer there.

"Johnny? Johnny!?" I start yelling after him, hoping he'll show up.

"(Y/N)?" I hear. "(Y/N), darling, I'm here. I'm here!" I'm being shaken and I come back into reality.

I open my eyes, it was just a dream. There he is, that handsome man that I am lucky enough to call my boyfriend, sitting on the side of my bed. He lets out a breath of relief.

"Oh thank god. I got scared there for a second." he states. "You can't scare me like that, darling." I kiss him and smile at him. "Anyway, breakfast's almost ready."

"You made breakfast?" I ask happily.

"Yes, I did." he says. "I'll go out and finish up and you can get dressed, you start working in an hour and a half." he walks out, closing the door behind him.

I get out of bed and walk over to my closet, I pick out a regular work oufit, a suit. I put my clothes on and check myself in the mirror. Seeing that my shirt is a bit crooked, I fix it. I grab a hairbrush and quickly brush through my hair. I throw my hairbrush on my bed and walk out of my bedroom. I walk over to the kitchen and the smell of pancakes hit me. I turn the corner into the kitchen and there he is. I clear my throught to notify him that I'm here.

"Ah, good morning, love." I walk over to him and he kisses me. "The pancakes are almost done, this is the last one. You can sit down until it's done." he kisses me once more before I walk over to the table and sit down.

I watch as he flips the pancake and finishes cooking it before putting it on the stack of pancakes. He puts the pan in the kitchen-sink and putting water on it. He then grabs the plate of pancakes and walks over to the table where he places them down in the middle of the table. He then walks over to the cabinet to get jam and whipped cream.

"Breakfast is served." he says as he puts the jam and whipped cream down on the table. "Swedish pancakes." he smiles.

"Swedish pancakes? What's the difference between Swedish pancakes and regular ones?" I ask.

"I don't really know, maybe the size?" He suggests and I laugh at him.

"Maybe, who knows?" I say.

I get eye contact with Johnny and it stays that way for a while. I get lost in his eyes, his blue eyes, his very charming, blue eyes. I snap out of it when I feel my phone vibrate in my pocket. I take my phone out of my pocket and check the name. It's Jim.

"It's Jim, I have to take it." I state and answer the phone, putting the phone up to my ear. "Hey, Jim."

"Hey, (Y/N)." He starts. "Can you come to the precinct? We have a person here who claims to have information about the Scarecrow." He states and my facial expression drops.

"Yeah, I'll be right there." I say and hang up.

"What was that about?" Johnny asks.

"They want me at the precinct. Someone apparently have information about you." I tell him.

"Me?" He asks, looking confused.

"The Scarecrow." I add.

"Oh-" he starts. "Who could it be?"

"How would I know? I'll find out, but I don't currently know." I say and get up from my seat.

"So, you have to leave?" He asks, looking sad.

"Hey, don't give me that pouting face, I can't decide when my work hours are or when they need me." I say, standing in front of him.

I grab his face gently and make him look at me. I lean down and kiss him and then let go.

"I can drive you to work!" He exclaims, bouncing out of his seat. "I can drive you to work and we can spend a little more time together." He smiles brightly.

"Yes, you can." I smile back.

"Okay, let's go!" He walks into the hallway excitedly.

I put my shoes on and crab a jacket before leaving the apartment with Johnny right behind me. He walks out and I lock the door. We walk down to car, he gets in the drivers seat, I in the passengers seat. I turns the car on and starts driving. We change the channel a few times until it seems like a nice radio station.

"You know, this song reminds me of you." He says and points to the radio.

"Oh really?"

"Yeah, really!" He smiles, putting his hand on my thigh.

I listen to the music and try to understand the lyrics.

Oh, baby
Oh, man
You're makin' me crazy
Really drivin' me mad
That's alright with me
It's really no fuss
As long as you're next to me
Just the two of us
You're my, my, my, my kind of woman
My, oh my, what a girl
You're my, my, my, my kind of woman
And I'm down on my hands and knees
Beggin' you please, baby
Show me your world

We don't say much for the rest of the ride, we just sit there listening to music, driving through Gotham to get to my job.
We arrive at the precinct and I'm on my way out of the car until:

"No, let me get that."

Johnny gets you to of the car and makes his way to my car door. He opens it and puts his hand out, I grab it and ge tout of the car. He closes the door behind me and puts his arms around my back. My hands are resting on his chest.

"Have a great day at work, darling." He says, kissing me on the lips.

"You too, love."

"I love you." He smiles.

"I love you too." I kiss him and then we let go of eachother.

I give him a smile, a wave and I blow him a kiss before I enter the building.
When I enter the precinct, my work persona is on. Jim comes up to me soon after I get inside. Behind him is a tall, brown-haired, well-trained, handsome, charming looking man who looks to be about my age, probably a few years older.

"You got here!" Jim exclaims me, hugging me.

The man behind him goes forward a bit. He puts his and out and I shake it.

"Bruce Wayne." He states, giving me a charming smile; it looks like one of those smirks a rich boy would do to "flirt".

"Detective (Y/N) (Y/L/N)." I state, giving him a slight smile.

-----------------------
Word count: 1167 words