Chapter 17- New information source part two

"Hello detective." He smiles at me.

"So, Mr. Wayne, you've said that you have some information on the Scarecrow. Pray tell." I go.

"Straight to the point, I see. You don't like taking it slow?" he asks, smirking as he looks me up and down.

"No, Mr. Wayne, I don't. You're here to give us information on the Scarecrow, I don't see why small talk is needed." I state.

"Fair point." he goes. "Well, I know that he is in some way working at Arkham Asylum."

"And how do you know this?" Jim asks.

"Well, I found a vile outside of 340 42 Bakers street. It had the Arkham Asylum symbol-" he describes before Jim cut him off.

"And why were you there?" he asks, crossing his arms.

"I was walking through the city and walked past the building, I saw the vile, took a piece of cloth that I had in my pocket and picked it up." Mr. Wayne states.

I look over at Jim and he does not look convinced. He is obviously tired and decides to just let it slide and pretend to believe Mr. Wayne. Jim lets out a sigh.

"Okay, Mr. Wayne, I can take that," he says as he takes the vile, "and you can go home now. We'll call you if we need more information."

Mr. Wayne nods and shakes both Jim's hand and mine. Jim walks off and so do I, but Wayne catches up to me quickly.

"Hey, detective!" he exclaims, I don't respond. "Detective (Y/LN)?"

I turn around. "Mhm."

"Let me get your number and we can go out sometime." he suggests.

"No, I am happily dating someone and even if I wasn't, I would've still said no." I tell him, walking up to the coffee machine, getting a very much needed cup of coffee.

"Of course you're dating someone." he sighs and I look at him. "I-I just mean that someone as beautiful as you cannot be single."

I look back. "I can if I want to."

"Of course, of course you can." he says.

It's silent for a few minutes before he decides to say something else.

"At least let me have your number, please. It'll make it a lot easier if I have more information or you guys want to know more." he sounds desperate.

"Fine." I sigh and put my hand out.

He places his phone in my hand and I type in my work number, name and address in case that will be needed. I hand it back to him as he smiles at me, I don't smile back.

"The address is only for emergencies." I point at the address. "Have a nice day, Mr. Wayne." I say and start walking towards my desk.

"You too, detective (Y/LN)!" he smirks as he walks out.

He struts out as if he's won the world. Jim walks over and scoffs at the way Wayne walks off.

"He seems happy." he states. "Does he know you're taken?" he turns to look at me.

I look back at him defensively. "I have actually. I gave him my number for work reasons!"

Jim lets out an aha and I hit him on the shoulder. 

"C'mon, Wayne? Even if I was single, I wouldn't go for a guy like Wayne." I defend myself.

"Why not?" Jim furrows an eyebrow. "He's the richest man in Gotham, and," dragging out the a in and, "he's Gotham's most handsome man."