Chapter 5- the dinner date

(Y/N)'s POV

I hear my doorbell ring. That must be Johnny. I walk towards the door and unlock it. I open it and there he is. He smiles and I let him in.

"So, should we get right into it?" Johnny asks. He looks at me, I look at him and nod.

"So, as you know my mom died in a house fire when I was really young." he says and I nod. "After my mom died, my dad started to make this weird serum, he called it a fear toxin. He tried to make both him and I live life without fear. Every now and then he would inject some of this toxin into himself to see if it work, he finally got it. When he did, the first thing he wanted to do was make me get rid of fear. He started putting the toxin into a syringe, but as soon as he started we heard the cops; they were yelling for us to get out, well, they were more yelling at my dad. This caused my dad to put in a little bit more into the syringe, I told him that it was too much, he didn't listen though. After that we ran, I was horrified, I didn't want my dad to get hurt. At the time I was extremely scared of the scarecrow that hung in our backyard. We heard the cops enter our house as soon as we had ran out of it. They quickly found out and started chasing us. They brought out their guns. While they tried to find us again, my dad injected me with the toxin, every single drop. I was scared as fuck because we were hiding under the scarecrow. Dad tried to shoot the cops but they got him first. I apparently ended up in a coma for some time." he says looking up at me.

"That's why you were in the hospital." he nods. "The doctor said you got hit really hard, I was skeptical of that, of course, I mean, you had no mark on you from the impact you would've gotten if you were hit really hard." I say.

"Wow, you knew how to be a detective before you even went to school for it." he says and I smile. Wait I'm smiling?! Stop it, (Y/N), stop it! "So, now you know." he says looking a little sad.

"Yeah." I say, looking down. I checked my phone and noticed that the time was 3:47pm. "Oh shit!" I say.

"What's wrong?" Johnny asks. "Did I do something?" he adds.

"No, you didn't do anything." I say, I look up at him and then back down. "It's just, I've got something important tonight and if I don't get going now, I'll be late."

"Okay, it's fine." he says.

I smile at him but before I leave, I feel a hand on my wrist. I looked back on his hand around my wrist, he pulled me to him, put his other hand on my face and then leaned in, pressing his lips against mine. He closes his eyes and so do I. He leaned away and I opened my eyes. Fuck! I noticed what just happened and almost started to sprint. I heard Johnny behind me. Did I just ruin our friendship? Did he just ruin our friendship? What the fuck happened?

I started running home, we walked to the spot we were at so I didn't have a car or a bike or anything like that to get me home so I just ran.

I got home and immediately started getting ready for the date, considering that I only had 20 minutes and that Eddie meets me everyday anyways, I didn't do that much for makeup and hair. My outfit was a dress that I found in my closet, I never really wear dresses so it was just hanging there but damn it was pretty. As soon as I was done I heard the doorbell ring, wow, timing. I opened the door and there is Eddie, looking really mesmerized.

"Hey, Eddie." I chuckle.

"Hey." he shakes his head, looking like he's trying to shake something off of his head. "Wow, you look... just, amazing." he says, I laugh.

"Thank you! I could say the same for you." I say and point at his suit. He looks down and then back up at me, he smiles.

"Thank you!" he says before putting his arm out for me to grab. "Shall we?" he adds.

"We shall!" I say and grab his arm.

We go toward his car. He opens the door for me and I step in. He then closes the door and makes his way to the drivers side, he opens the door and gets in. He turns on the engine and starts driving. I don't really know where we are going. We drive for some bit until he parks in front of an apartment complex. We walk inside and he gets out his keys and unlocks the door.

"I was kind of expecting a restaurant." I say. He opens the door and I get hit with an amazing smell, I look at the table and there are two plates, two glasses, (Y/FF) and (Y/FD). "Nevermind." I add.

He chuckle and offers to take my coat. I let him take it and I look around, it's a rather small apartment but it's big enough for two people or so. I walk over to the dinner table, he pulls out the chair for me, I sit down and he pushes it back in, I've never met a guy who's more of a gentleman than Eddie. He then walks to the other side of the table and sits down. We start eating and we're having a great time.

One hour later

We've finished eating and I was just going to get ready to leave. Eddie hands me my coat, I take it and smile at him. He opens the door and I walk out, I turn around and look at Eddie.

"You sure you have to leave now?" he asks. I nod. "Okay, well, I'll see you tomorrow." he adds.

We look at eachother for a few seconds. I notice his eyes switching between my eyes and my lips. He leaned forward and placed his lips on mine and kissed me, I kissed him back. It all went so quick but at the same time really slow. We lean away from the kiss. I look up at him.

"I'll see you tomorrow Eddie." I say smiling. I take the bus home but the whole time on my way home, I had a giant smile on my face, I was actually really happy.

------------------------------------
Word count: 1127 words