26. the art of sage jutsu

"child...

...now may not be the best time but there is something i must teach you"

my surroundings grow dark then with a flash of bright light i was suddenly in a field of familiar flowers "ryuu?" i question, looking up at the familiar pale dragon "yes, there is no time for idle chatter you simply need to follow my instructions" he rushes, "ok?" i say and listen intently.

"i'm sure you have heard of sage jutsu?" i nod "good because i shall be teaching you sage jutsu, however the sage jutsu taught by the dragons is slightly different" i tilt my head questionably at him "well for example, the sage jutsu taught by the toads, you have to not let your body change into a toad but with the one i teach, when it's perfected yours ears will be longer and pointer." i blink a few times to process this information.

"so...where do i start?" as soon as i finished my sentence the surroundings changed, we were now seated at the very top of a mountain "your goal, is to be able to stand atop the clouds." i look at him dumbfounded "h..how?" i say, staring skeptically "you must learn to gather nature energy..."

ryuu went on to explain how it's done before moving back and sitting atop a cloud.

'alright so just gather nature energy, sounds easy enough' sarcasm dripping from each word, i focus on remembering what ryuu said to me, "this sage jutsu can be activated even if you're moving but it's best to start off still" i hum and sit down cross legged and close my eyes.

-3 hours later-

after successfully gathering nature energy my pupils had changed into slits, much like eyes of a dragon, my ears were still the same though. taking in a deep breath i stand up and approach the clouds, hesitantly i lift my foot up and press it down on the vapour, surprisingly i managed to stand "woah!" i say in utter amazement "you're a quick learner" ryuu praises "thanks" i smile and jump onto the cloud.

"to perfect the sage jutsu you must spar against me" i turn to him "why?" "well you need to spar with a dragon, i just happen to be the only one here" ryuu chuckles "oh..well lets hurry up!" with sage mode still activated i run towards ryuu with a smirk "haa!" he dodges my punch and moves over the mountain top "you're going to have to be a lot quicker than that" he lectures.

breathing heavily i flop onto the ground "fin..ally..." "haha, good job child, you have succeeded" ryuu smiles gently at me "now you should hurry back to the battlefield" i sit up "i totally forgot about that!" in a panic i stand up and rush over to ryuu "you have to send me back right now!" i grip onto his fluffy white fur "i was planning on that, good luck child" a bright light appears, blinding me for a moment.

i slowly open my eyes and look around to see that i was in a tent 'must be one of the medical camps' rubbing my head i sit up and climb out of the crappy bed "ugh..my head hurts" "y/n?!" sakura runs in "hey sak-" she cuts me off by leaping forward and embracing me in a tight hug "i was so worried" she squeezes me tightly "ah..yeah, what did i miss?" "well...the medical camps and units are being infiltrated by white zetsu's" i sigh "i see...that's a pain" i push her away gently and walk out of the tent, sakura following me behind "y/n, you shouldn't-!" before she could protest anymore i disappear, back to the battlefield.
—————————————
i know, it's a short chapter.

sorry if the sage thing came up at such a random time but i did it mostly because the war arc in the anime has so many fillers.