16. a month of training! pt 2

as well as training with naruto and jiraiya (you learnt his name throughout training) i was also training on my own, mostly focusing on sword styles and techniques.
"alright...so like this!" i copy a move from the book i was reading, with a stick in hand i moved forward towards a tree, striking it with my makeshift 'sword'. after practicing a few more moves i decided to move onto the more advanced part of the book, it involved infusing chakra with my weapon,

"ok...lets first practice fusing my chakra with this stick.." closing my eyes i hold the stick out in front of me and concentrate on fusing it with my chakra, upon opening my eyes there was blue glow covering the stick 'now to combine it with the moves'  i jump up feeling excited, i rush at the tree, striking it a few times before using the last move which cut the tree in half "yes!" i throw my fist in the air celebrating the fact i nearly mastered the sword style.

after going over it a couple more times i decided i should head home to continue reading on the new books i took from the hokage.

-

"i'm home!" i yell out into my empty apartment, letting out a sigh i drop down my book onto the table where the others sat and head for the bathroom wanting to hurry up and clean off my sweat covered body.
"phew~ i needed that" i giggle a little and dry myself off before changing into a pair of shorts and a baggy shirt, with a towel still wrapped around my shoulders. i walk out of the bathroom and head into the kitchen ready to sit down and read more books on kekkei genkai.

-

i was half way through the second book i had on kekkei genkai's when i suddenly heard the window in my bedroom slide open, leaving my book on the table still open i slowly creep over to my bedroom, i sneak around the corner and as soon as i'm around it i see a shadowed bodied, instinctively i throw a fist at it but my hand comes in contact with what feels like sand instead

"huh?" i back away with my hands raised in a defensive position "who are you?" i stare at the figure while squinting to try and see through the dark click the light in the room was turned on "gaara?" i drop my guard and stand up more relaxed "i'm...staying here tonight" he gruffly mutters out, i look at him confused 'he really does whatever he wants..' i sigh and head over to the table to mark my book before closing it "come on.."i tug on gaara's arm bringing him over to my bed and crawling in after him.

it's been an hour since i got in bed but i just couldn't get to sleep i felt uneasy and i couldn't tell why, sighing i role over to see gaara soundly asleep 'he won't mind if i just..no, no that's an invasion of  privacy!' i shake the thought out of my head and go back to trying to sleep but suddenly i feel two arms wrap around me and pull me closer, i open my eyes quickly to see gaara's head snuggled into my chest 'cute..' i eventually noticed i was staring and snapped myself out of it by closing my eyes and drifting into a peaceful sleep.

-

that morning when i woke up gaara was of course gone, lifting my arms above my head and stretching while letting out a quiet yawn, i jump up out of bed to continue my reading "where was i again.." i stare at the several books laid out and stacked on my table "ah here." i pick up the book about kekkei genkai and hold it open to read while i make some breakfast. "why can't i find anything on my kekkai genkai.." i rub my eyes feeling a little bored from all this reading i close the book, then head into my bedroom to change into my ninja outfit and grab my weapons.

-

walking on the streets of konoha i was looking around at the stores hoping to find a katana or something to use instead of a flimsy stick. i reached the last store, it was rather run down and old looking but i had already looked at all the other stores 'lets hope they're cheap' i silently pray to myself. a bell jingles as i open the door and close it, looking around there were no weapons on show