9. the 3 tails?!

i just got back from a short solo mission that tsunade gave me and was now standing in front of her desk with wide eyes "the 3 tails?!" i step forward in surprise but quickly calm myself down "when do i leave?" "seeing as you just got back, i would suggest tomorrow." she had her head down but soon raises it to look up at me, with a sigh and a look of defeat on her face she speaks up

"but i don't think that's going to work now is it?" i smile "ehe" rubbing the back of my head 'innocently' "you may leave when you wish." i spin around and head for the door but quickly stop "tsunade, are you aware of why itachi killed his clan?" i glance over my shoulder at her surprised face "from what i heard after it happened, itachi killed them to test his power." i rub my forehead and sigh "that..isn't the real reason" i turn around and walk up to her desk "i don't have time to explain it myself so here" i hand her a scroll that i used to write down the truth about it itachi "how do you know what 'actually' happened?" she looks up at me suspiciously "i was friends with itachi when i was little, i used to stay at their house a lot since sasuke was my friend then" i smile gently as memories of those times flashed through my mind "ah! but i have to get going now" i quickly rush out her door without saying goodbye and get ready to leave the village.

as i was about to step out of the gate i noticed jiraiya 'he always goes on missions, maybe i could test that marking jutsu?' i smile and quickly jog over to him "jiraiya can i borrow your hand for a moment?" i smile innocently at him "sure?" he looks at me slightly confused but still lends me his hand, i hold his one hand with my two and close my eyes to focus my chakra into a small point, i open my eyes after feeling it work "what was that?" jiraiya stares at his hand with a raised eyebrow "nothing, i have to go now cya!" i swiftly dodge his question and run off.

i had arrived at a lake "what's that" i squint my eyes in the direction of a large shadow, they widen in realisation "that must be the 3 tails" i jump onto the water and begin running over to the tailed beast

after getting closer i could see a woman with dark blue hair and a dark green robe fighting the beast, she was throwing crystals that seemed to have no effect "crysta-?" i grab my head in pain, luckily it subsided rather quickly "i see" i look at my hands and take in a deep breath "crystal style! ——" i shout and a crystal barrier shoots up from the water, separating the woman from the tailed beast. the woman looks at me with wide eyes, ignoring her gaze i quickly run at her, grabbing and holding her bridal style then jumping onto land.

i put her down as we stood in a tree, "are you ok?" i bend down to examine her wounds "who are you?!" she pushes me back and raises an arm which grows a crystal blade "ah..my names y/n" i smile, she goes to say something else but we both get distracted by some fuss going on behind us, turning around i could see a small boy with long dirty blonde hair "yukimaru!" the woman shouts and jumps in the boys direction "hey!" i shout before chasing after her.

once arriving atop the rock i could see a brown haired man standing with the boy "guren!" the boy happily shouts and runs over to the woman, the brown haired man turns in gurens direction but then notices me, he smirks slightly 'something's off about him' he begins to walk over to me but is stopped by naruto who jumps down between the man and me "when did you get here?" he smiles at me "not too long ago, do you mind giving me a run down on the situation?" he nods "those 2 work with orochimaru" he points to the woman and the man "they're using that kid to control the 3 tails" naruto grits his teeth angrily "i see.."

-

"guren!!" yukimaru shouts as her crystallised body falls into the water, 'shattering' on impact, "yukimaru.." i lean down next to the kid who's eyes looked so dull and broken "yukimaru i c-" i'm cut off as a huge amount of chakra forms in a circle around him, throwing me back into the water in the process. 'ow..' i mentally sigh and swim down 'she might still be alive' my eyes move around and then widen once i see a pink crystal laying at the bottom, smiling, i quickly swim to the crystal 'i'm going to run out of air soon' i stop at the crystal and try to swim up with it 'that's not going to work- woah!' the mud from the ground begun to rise and carry the crystal up, shaking away my shock i also swim up to where the crystal was dropped on the shore.

i drop onto the sand, out of breath "thank you for trying to save her" a deep voice distracts me as i sit up quickly, in front of me was a tall bulky man "it's no problem." i stand up and look at guren who was once trapped inside the crystal now laying on the ground breathing heavily "here" i bend down next to her and hover my hands over her wounds, my hands begin to glow as her wounds soon heals "it's rather late now" i look up at the sky that was dark "i should be going ba-" "guren!" we all turn to the voice of the little boy, yukimaru, who runs at guren with tears in his eyes. i smile softly at the heart warming scene "you guys should take care" i go to walk away but feel someone grab my hand, it was guren "before you go, may i know how you used the crystal style?" i sigh "i come from a clan, specifically the l/n clan" her eyes widen in surprise "but i best be going, be careful you 3!" i run off while waving at the 3 people.

"wait..how do i even know where everyone is? they could have left me already!" i kneel down and 'cry' in my hands "how stupid..use the byakugan" i could tell that rinen had rolled his eyes "oh yeah! byakugan" my eyes change from a lovely e/c to a clear white, looking around i spot a wooden house that had lots of chakras inside it "yay!" i deactivate the byakugan and run in the direction of the house.

"y/n!?" everyone except yamato and kakashi shout as i burst through the doors "so tired.." i mumble and begin to fall forward but soon feel arms wrap around me, looking up i could see shino was holding me "heh..thanks.." i mumble before letting sleep overtake me.