Chapter 1 Birth of a King

Eons ago in the underworld, a dragon blacker than night hatched. Blind as a mole and crippled in the right arm, he struggled to hunt and do other things. But as he grew his sight came, causing his emotions to be shown through his eyes, and his right arm, with time, healed properly into place.

Around the age of five, the dragon started walking like a cat and ever since then walks like that. Then around the age of ten, he was walking around the castle when he saw a shadow go down a hallway and decides to follow it. After a few seconds of following the shadow, he hears a whimper then a heavy thud. He runs and finds his mother lying on the floor bleeding out from her neck.

"Mother??" he nudges her. "Mother, why are you laying down? I wanna..." He notices the blood and realizes what happened. His pupils vanish and his eyes turn blood red. When he sees the shadow again his claws and teeth get longer. He lunges at the shadow, biting its neck, ripping out its throat. He continues killing without realizing that he was killing his own race. When he stops, he looks around at the scattered bodies, losing his mind and their blood burning his claws.

"You all are messing with me, ok, enough is enough, come on get up... heh... Dayna??" he sees a small dragoness' body and he nudges her. When he realizes she is dead he says, "Onu oktu and see you soon sisa." The kid looks at his claws, takes a deep breath, and slices his throat open. He drops lifelessly, but he gets back up with no memories except for a name. His eyes are colorless.

He leaves the underworld and lays down under a tree and falls asleep. A few minutes later he is awoken by a large red and gold dragoness.

"It is dangerous for a kid like you to be out here all alone, follow me. Oh, and my name is Raisha."

"My name is Choric. Nice to meet you, Raisha" Choric gets up and follows her to her village.

"Hmm, stick close, some of the males here will kill you."

"Why would they kill a kid???"

"Um, forget I said that..." she gets a whiff of him. "And you need to be cleaned badly, how long have you been out there?"

"Not long, just a few minutes... so do you have a mate?"

"I did... he was killed in battle. And none of the other males will come near me, so you are safe with me."

"Ok"

They get to the village and a few males notice Raisha with Choric and immediately look away. "See they don't mess with me."

"I never doubted you Raisha," Raisha notices that his eyes are colorless.

"How strange. Your eyes are..." she gets interrupted by a large male who had walked up and snarled at her. Choric then snarls back and the male backs away quickly. "Hmm, that must be a new male.... Hopefully, he doesn't get to a female then."

"Why is that?" Choric asked innocently. "Would he hurt her?"

"Yes... yes he would."

"Then let's kill him before he can" Raisha looks at Choric in pure shock and horror then laughs nervously. "You're kidding right?"

"Yeah, I am just a kid, how could I kill someone when my talons aren't even sharp and I am smaller than them." Choric quickly changes the subject. "So where is your home?"

"Right here little one." She heads into a house larger than the others. As Choric follows her in he thinks he realizes who she was. "Your mate was the king of here?!"

Raisha just chuckled. "He liked to think that, yes, but no I am just a larger dragon, so I get a larger home. Wait, you just said king... you must be from a nearby Kingdom."