Chapter 2 Returning Death

Three centuries later, Choric comes back to find that the world he knew has vanished. He had been caught and used as a war dragon. He allowed it because he enjoyed the fighting. But then they decided he would be better as a breeding dragon. He was there for weeks. He eventually got tired of it and burned the place down. After flying away he felt different.

       He goes into hiding for another few centuries. When he comes back, he is more muscular and covered in self-inflicted scars. His eyes start to glow white. "HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA IT'S TIME TO FEED." His claws grow longer and sharpen, his teeth do the same. His jaw then splits and unhinges, he then starts to kill everything in sight and eating it. His eyes turn back to grey. "Huh, what happened... Holy hell, I did this?" He looks at the destruction he caused. He runs to an ice cave, lays down, and sleeps with his back facing the entrance.

Choric hears an older male voice. "Hello there kiddo"

Choric growls. "Go away, I am a monster"

"Monster? I see no monster only a lone child"

He stops growling. "By the sound of your voice, you are wise so I will trust you for now"

"Good, then you should know that my name is Oni"

"Choric" Choric doesn't face him.

"You seem sad, come with me, I live in a village"

"You sure you want to trust an unknown dragon"

"Yes, I am sure"

"Then I will follow you until death" Choric gets up and turns around.

"Strange saying but ok... you're big"

"Yes, and you are different from the dragons I have seen"

"You mean because I'm a Chi, right"

Choric is surprised. "You're a Chi!?"

"Yes, I'm a chi, so you have heard of that war"

"No, my mother told me to stay away from Chi"

"Hmm, your mother was wise then."

While walking, Choric brings out a journal and writes " Oni is strange other than the fact he is Chi. I am thinking he has ice powers based on his marking. The way he slithers through the air... it intrigues me. I want to know more about their anatomy. I have not told him what I am but I suspect he has an idea based on the way he looks at me. I need to tell him soon, better to deal with it now than to have him find out a different way."

They get to the village and Oni starts to slither away. "Oni, I need to talk to you"

"About what Choric?"

"About what I am, I am a Deathwing"

" I know you are, I knew since I first saw you" his breathing created frost.

"I do not breathe fire of any sort, in fact, I have no powers besides my eyes"

"You're a fighter, Choric, you will get powers, trust me your powers will be that of a god's, if not more powerful"

Choric sighs. " Oni, are you the only one here?"

"Yes, yes I am, I live alone"

"So what now? Do we..."

"We find your power"

"Ok Oni"

"So what do you know about yourself?" Oni asked patiently.

"Besides I can easily kill someone if I..." Choric hesitates. " If I..."

"Lose control? Or have you found something?"