Chapter 17 Strange Race

A few days go by and Dayna and Elo are now around the age of 16. Dayna continues to stick around Choric and Elly while Elo will be gone for days at a time. One day all four of them are at home and Choric gets up from napping and motions for Dayna to follow him.

"Where are we going today, Dad?" Dayna is now starting to get an adult female voice. "Hopefully someplace fun."

"I am going to teach you about some of my powers." Choric says without looking back. "It's time you also hear the real story of my beginnings. You may also understand it too. Your brother however, is going to challenge me for whatever reason, if I talk to him so..." Choric trails off and after a few minutes Choric lands on a cliff in the grasslands. Dayna lands beside him.

"So what powers will you show me?" Dayna listens with the full intent on learning them.

"My morphing, and we will see if you can warp while free falling." Choric turns into his wyvern form and rears up, showing off his now larger size then stretches his four massive wings and they start sparking with lightning. "My wyvern form. So let us test your morphing huh?"

Dayna morphs into a slightly larger wyvern with faded colors. "Woah, am I bigger?"

"Yes, female wyverns are bigger than the males." Choric then becomes normal but the quills on his back are larger, his wings are gone, and he has three tails. "Drake form, this form is one you will acquire in time. But on to the next. Chi Form." with that Choric becomes his blue and white Chi and his right eye becomes crimson. "The eye comes with the form. It is protection for those I love."

Dayna becomes a pink and rose colored Chi with light pink hair flopped to one side. "Woah I like this form a lot." Dayna slithers around midair, then stops. "Feels weird not having wings and still being able to fly." Dayna lands and stands awkwardly. "Yeah not built for the ground." She morphs back into the wyvern form and Choric does too.

"So let us test your ability to cling to a vertical flat surface." Choric walks to the edge and scales down the cliff some, while Dayna watches then does the same. "Good for your first time scaling and being a wyvern. Now let us see if you can warp while free falling." Choric gives himself a large boost into the air and the runes carved into his scales glow and he squeezes his wings against his side as a portal opens below him and he falls through.

Dayna waits for him and he free falls out from above her. He then glides and latches onto the cliff face. "Your turn." Dayna gives herself a boost and a portal starts opening when all of a sudden something catches her eye and she lands without getting hurt.

"Uh, Dad, you might wanna see this." Choric glides down and turns normal. Choric walks up and sees a barbed feather.

"Strange, this is something I have never seen." Choric inspects it then looks around. "Stick close, we may have just found a new race." They hear rustling then nothing. Choric walks towards the rustling, then sniffs and snorts shaking his head. "Not a pleasant smell it produces."

Choric slowly follows the scent trail it left and then comes across a large cave and inside it was a single tree. "A tree? Maybe a new bird then?" Choric cautiously walks up then hears hissing and out steps a colorful gecko-like dragon with tusks, hardened wing membranes, and a barbed peacock tail.

"Whoa." Dayna looks at it and turns back to her normal form. "It's so pretty." She starts walking towards it, but Choric stops her.

"Do not go any closer, it is protecting something, so that means it will kill if it has to." Choric looks at it. "Nope, no one has seen it before, so what shall we call it?"