Chapter 13 New Mind, New Body

A few days after his death, a strange egg appeared in the Hatchery, and Elly, Oni, Dante, and Onyx, now the king, are looking at the egg, trying to figure out what race it is.

Onyx starts explaining. "Ok, so I come in here like I normally do and I see this egg."

Dante looks at it closer "Uh, do you know whose it is?"

"No, it is not of ours"

"It's not from this world." Elly looks at it.

Oni explains what it is. "Actually, it is from this realm.

"Hmm, Dante you were a part of Choric, do you remember this?"

Dante shakes his head. "No, this must have been before I was a part of him."

"Wonder what kind of creature will hatch from there." Elly nudges at the egg.

Oni motions at Dante. "It will be like how he used to be if it hasn't advanced in intelligence."

"What do you mean?" She raises a brow. "Is it because this egg is alien-like?"

Dante looks at Elly and looks hurt. "Ouch, no he meant feral, animalistic." He then decides to 'hunt' and walks off.

Onyx watches him walk away. "He needs to learn soon that this hunting of his will kill him."

"Hunt? Isn't hunting good for him? Food right." She looks somewhat suspicious. "Or...do you mean." Her eyes widen at the thought of it.

Oni picks up the egg and it turns to ice. "Learning my powers and weaknesses. Smart egg"

"He hunts for females. Sometimes I think his instincts are messed up."

"I figured when you said it would kill him." Turning to the direction of where Dante left, she cleans her claws. "Smart youngin' in that egg."

Oni hands it to Elly. "Hold it so it can learn about you."

"Awesome." She takes the egg and looks at it. "Hmm."

Onyx looks at it and is hesitant to take it. "I do not trust this changing egg."

"Why not? It seems harmless to me." She traces the tip of her claw against the surface of the egg. The egg becomes like a Tsuni egg.

Star walks in. "If you won't, I will." Onyx takes the egg and the egg becomes steel-like.

"It changed texture." Elly eyes it.

Star takes the egg and it turns normal then glows brightly. "Huh," She nuzzles it and the egg pulses a little. "I noticed it was a bit larger when in your hand's Mom."

"Yeah, I noticed that too."

Star hands it to Elly. "Nuzzle it and see what happens."

Elly grabs the egg and looks at it before proceeding to nuzzle it. "Hmm." The egg pulses brightly and it warms up.

Oni looks at Elly. "It chose you to be the parent."

"What?" She raises a brow and looks at it. "Me?"

"From what I know the Titanahides chose their mothers. So this one chose you."

Elly looks at the egg. "Titanahide. I have never heard of that species." She pulls the egg closer to herself.

Oni voices his knowledge. "Choric took them out because they... would challenge him and matched him in power, because they got more powerful with each hit, like him. They were primitive, but the titanium on their backs turned into weapons and tools."