Chapter 14 Unexpected Visitor

Choric is thinking about what Tyla said and doesn't notice Elly walking up.

"Where did you go? I lost you. Well, I technically left... but where did you go? I have been looking for you." Elly tilts her head.

"Tyla called me and well, I didn't like what she said." Choric's eye switches between red and grey.

"She summoned you?" She raises a brow. "Why? What did she say?"

"Well, we will have twins and one of them will have my rage and be a threat. She said that I will have to kill it."

"Uh. You can remove the rage right..?" Elly's expression changes from confused to concerned. "Kill it?" She takes a step back and her tail slowly thumps.

"I know, and yes, but it isn't easy to remove rage once it is born and if it has my growth rate."

She doesn't say anything to him. "Well let's not have any. I don't want to kill my own kid?"

"It will happen sooner or later, you know this. And neither do I, but since it will be twins I have to wait till they hatch to see who has the rage." Choric looks at his claws. "So many were killed by my claws, why by my claws again with this one?"

"I don't know." Elly looks at Choric. "I wish it didn't have to be like this."

"Me either but it has to, I guess." Choric gets up and rubs up against Elly.

She nuzzles him, then brushes up against him.

Choric lays down and uses his tail as a pillow and closes his eyes.

"Rest up Choric." She lays beside him and closes her eyes.

He covers them with his massive wings and sleeps away. The next morning Elly feels a chill in the air. She jolts awake and raises her neck. She feels a mass of cold on her back and shakes it off. Snow falls off.

"What the," she looks around and there is a blanket of white. "It snowed?"

"Huh?" Choric is half asleep. "What are you talking about?"

"It's snowing." She nudges him to wake up. "See?"

Choric's pupils dilate and he noticed his wings were pure white. He heats his wings and melts the snow around them. "Hmm, same stuff that blankets the icelands. So that's what it is called, snow... it is underwhelming considering it can get you killed, and kill you. But it does feel nice between my scales." Choric lowers his head and eats some then spits it out. "Ew, it tastes bland."

"Because it's water. Don't eat any if it's yellow." Elly widens her eyes. She shivers and huddles closer to him. "It's freezing."

Choric places a heated wing over her. "Do you still have that necklace I made for you?"

"Yes. See?" Her scales shift upwards and reveal it. "My scales hide it, but I never take it off."

Choric taps it and it glows, heating her entire body. "Thing about Demonite ore, it heats up if touched by a Deathwing, so there is more to my crafts than looks. They have some properties that most would not expect."

Elly looks at it and instantly feels warmed up by it. "Wow." She looks at him and gives him a kiss. "I didn't know it could do that."

"Hehe, yeah well I didn't think to tell you that." Choric kisses back then looks at the snow. "Hmm," Choric gets up and the snow on him falls off, he burrows down then Elly sees a patch of snow turn into ice.

"It turned into ice." She motions at it and traces her claw along the ice. "You did this?"

Choric pokes his head out. "This isn't the first time I have been around snow, I just never knew the name. And it is much better underneath if ya wanna see underneath."

"Yes! I want to see it." Elly perks up. "Like an igloo?"

"Well come in and sorta, I guess." Choric backs into the burrow and Elly walks in to see him laying down looking through the ice above him. "I have done this before, but it gets better once it is night."

She looks up and sees the ice crystals. "Let's come here at night. I bet it would look even prettier."

"It would, trust me I used to stay here for days at a time." Choric gets up and starts to head out, then sits and his ears twitch. "Hmm, I think we better stay here for now, I can hear a large herd of cattle, and where there are cattle there are humans."

"Oh. Alright." She is staring up at the ice. "I am okay with staying here. It's nice." She curls up in a corner, still fixated on staring up.

Choric throws some snow blocking the entrance and goes and lays down and looks through the ice as the cattle and humans pass over. "Hmm, the humans are getting closer and closer to the islands. I do not think it will end well for them if they go up there." Choric rests his head and Elly notices his scales rise and release steam out.

"The steam feels nice... would it melt the ice?" She tilts her head and has a brow raised.

"No, it shouldn't, but it's how I cool down quickly." Choric gets up and gets closer to her and continues releasing steam.

Elly lays her head down. Even though they had just woken up, the steam made her feel calm. "You feel hot then since it's cooling you down." She raises her head back and looks at Choric.

"I am always hot but I can overheat if I do not vent in any way." Choric's scales go down and he shakes and a few scales drop off but are replaced almost immediately.

"I see." She lowers her head back down and takes a deep breath before settling down.

Choric digs the snow away from the entrance then pokes his head out and walks out and stretches everything. "Much better,"

"Do I have to follow you? I like it in here. It's secluded." Her voice sounded muffled to him.

"No, I am just gonna follow and or scare the farmer away. Maybe steal one of his cows, feeling hungry might get bigger prey than cattle." Choric disappears for a few seconds then goes into the snow burrow and sets the cattle in front of Elly

"Hmm," Choric looks up at the sky then sighs and nuzzles Elly. "I just want to get this whole evil kid ordeal done and over with. How about you?" Choric lays down.

"Yes.... but they aren't here yet." Elly raises a brow. "I know it can't be avoided no matter how we try."

"Emphasise on yet my dear Ru'shan" Choric chuckles then his eye turns a deep blue.

"Come on then." She notices his eye and motions for him to follow. They headed back home.