Chapter 5 Continental Battle

A few days go by, Choric and Elysian are out running through the forest. Choric is hopping from branch to branch while Elly is running on the ground.

"So how is the view from down there" he chuckles.

"Well right now... I'm looking at a very nice view." She speeds up and follows him from below.

His wings vanish and he gets more slender and gets faster. He thinks to himself "Ok, she is fast enough to keep up with me, good, but let's see if she can track me." He jumps to a branch and vanishes after jumping. He gives off no heat.

"What." She drags out the word and slows down a little. He always had the tendency to disappear, a perk about her was that she could see through infrared. "Where is this guy?" She stops fully, then opens the ear canal to enhance the sounds coming in.

He is not moving at all or breathing. But he is watching with a clear view of her.

"Well, Choric you do smell like a rancid decomposing corpse." She inhales and tries to catch his scent. There was a trace of him, "Icky, but you're close."

"Well, excuse me for being dead and having the appetite for rotting flesh!"

"I knew you were close. That smell is very unavoidable." She smiles, "Where are you anyway? I can smell you but you are completely gone."

He shows himself on the branch he jumped onto. "Never moved from the branch I jumped to. And is my scent that bad?"

"Oh yes. It is very strong." She shakes her head and puffs her spikes out. "You need a bath."

"Oh, uh, I will try to wash it off but it is hard when you are dead." He spots a lake and bolts towards it.

"It's ok bubs. I don't really use enhanced scent as much." She watches him run off, and he leaves a scent trail. "Ack." She shuts off the good scent detector and watches him. Then she follows slowly behind.

He dives in and the water turns to lava and he walks out with shiny scales. "Oh wow, the lava here buffs my scales." The lava turns back into water. "Or I am able to morph water into lava."

"Seems like it." She shouts from far away. Elly trots up to him. "You look squeaky clean."

"But do I smell clean?" The scar on his left eye is fresh again.

"You smell like..." She gets closer and sniffs him. "You don't smell like that bad. You smell ok." She smiles and backs away from him.

"Hmm," the ground starts shaking violently. "Seems she has decided to come back." The spikes on his back grow larger and lightning arches up them. Tyla slithers out of the portal. He smirks. "I think this will be fun huh guys... aw, why not Deran you are usually up for a battle. Fear how ab... wow, you guys are letdowns."

"Oh jeez." She stares up as the ground rumbles. "T-Tyla."

"Tsuni, have you made up your mind yet?"

"Yeah." Elly becomes mad. "I have."

He looks at Tyla and starts growing bigger.

Tyla notices Elly getting mad. "Why are you mad, do you not want to go home?"

"I don't want to go home..." Elly looks at Choric, then back at Tyla.

Tyla looks at Choric. "You have poisoned her mind!"

In the background, "No he hasn't!"

"No, I only poison my enemies but I did poison a few lakes. And how exactly do you even poison a mind?"