Chapter 3 A New Beginning

About ten years later, Choric has figured out what his powers are and how to use them, but he has been beaten, killed, and had his heart broken so many times, that it changed his attitude from ignorant and arrogant to shy, timid and cautious. One day he was out flying when he sees something that captured his attention. He comes across a beautiful dragoness. He then lands and sits facing the ground. He spooks her because of his silent steps and wings.

"Greetings," Choric says quietly, "my name is Choric, may I have yours"

"Ack! You scared me!" She slowly turns around to face who was talking to her. Her smile fades when she sees the familiar face. It was him. The large male who she always tried her best to avoid. She had succeeded at avoiding him but of course, it was just her luck to stumble across someone she did not like. The infamous Choric.

"Hello, Choric." She briefly made eye contact with him before looking away. His eyes were gorgeous but they held a great amount of sadness. She realized it would be rude of her to leave him hanging, he looked miserable and tired. "I'm Elysian but I go by Elly." She backed up a little bit and admired them for a second time before looking at something else.

His eyes were a dull grey. "Hmm," he looks at the ground "I know you wish for me to leave you to yourself" All of his scars are hidden except the ones on his left eye. His four wings are folded to his side and have titanium membranes. He does not seem to be breathing. "But I do not like seeing others be by themselves, it reminds me of my past." He walks to the edge and sits. "Nobody deserves to be lonely except for me, I have done nothing except drive others away. I even killed an entire race over the loss of my mother." Choric stretches his massive wings "They all leave after seeing me for certain periods of time. Nothing escapes extinction, not even death"

He closes his eyes and when he opens them, they are white and he yells. "Hahahahahaha I'm back and it's feeding time." He shakes his head " Not this time Deran." His eyes go back to the dull grey. "You know that I let you loose at certain times... Do not argue with me, dude... Wow, real mature Deran... Please talk to him Fear"

"What?" She was thinking he was crazy now. Talking to himself. "Who are you even talking to?" She backs up.

"Split personalities, they have their own minds at times." He notices her expression "Yes, I am insane at times but I try to keep it to a minimum" his wings turn to white fire "I will leave you to yourself. If you need me then... find me at the icelands" He falls off and flies to the icelands in a matter of seconds.

"Okay." She was amused yet did not show it. "I don't think I should follow him..." She turns the opposite way and bolts off.

Soaring the skies at an unusually faster pace, she glanced down to have a familiar figure catch her eye. She grins and dives.

"It's you!" She drew closer to the ground and landed roughly. She startled him.

"Stop!" His voice was high pitched and he was a pudgy baby. "How would you like it if a big thing was charging at you, like... like really fast. It's freaky so stop." He crosses his arms and looks away.

"I don't even mean to scare you so stop whining," She looks around. "Where is your mom? I would like to talk to her."

"She left me and told me to go and play with her." His voice grew quieter and he points to a big shrub.

Choric is flying and sees them. "Better not." He silently lands on a branch and blends in with the leaves. "Hmm this might be interesting," he thinks to himself "let's see where this leads" His pupils turn to slits and he watches them.

"Um. Abraxas, there's nothing there." Elly looks at him weirdly. Abraxas stands up and dashes behind her.

"Sh!" He narrows his eyes, "she's right..."