PROLOGUE

Inilibot ni Lake ang paningin sa opisina. The room was full of vibrant colors from the walls, furnitures and floors. It was dainty like how Victorian interiors looked like.

He was signing up to be one of the exclusive members of one if not the most prestigious club in the country. Nagulat nga siya nang makatanggap ng imbitasyon mula sa leisure club. It was locally located in the highlands where the weather is cold and the sun shines only until midday due to the thick fog.

As a renowned young neurosurgeon, he earns a lot and is even a stockholder at the hospital he is working in. He sometimes works on double shifts and that is draining all the energy out of him. Siya rin ang mukha ng ospital nila tuwing may mga okasyon o interviews. They consider him a social media doctor. He needed a break from everything once in a while.

The exclusive club offers a free day to very specific people to check the amenities the club offers. It offers you to have an estate inside the club. Non-members are not even allowed unless sponsored by a member. Security is tight around and inside the club. For someone like him, he's been looking for a place to stay during vacation and this was the perfect place.

The club was on an exquisite piece of land. Kahit saang parte ng estate ay magandang patayuan ng villa. Walang tapon kumbaga. Members can use a golf cart to go around on short distances but the club exclusively uses Tesla cars inside as they also promote environmental practices and products.

"I hear someone wanted a membership in my club."

He spun around and found a tall woman standing by the office door. She had a black wide brimmed hat over her head and a mesh veil that's covering her face.

"I enjoyed my one day stay and I want to be an exclusive member."

She elegantly walked over to the table along with her male assistant. The assistant placed a couple of papers in front of him.

"This is the contract." Her long perfectly manicured nails tapped on the paper. "I want you to read it carefully. The rules come first before the contract itself."

He browsed through the rules and he didn't have any objections so he proceeded with the contract.

"How much is the membership fee?" Tanong niya.

"It doesn't really have a definite cost I could say. I don't accept money, Mr. Marasigan. I accept stocks. You see, I didn't just invite you. I made sure you have what I need."

"Your terms of payment are stocks?" Napakunot ang noo niya dahil akala niya ay may yearly membership fee doon tulad sa ibang clubs.

Tumango ito. Her red lip peeking through her veil. "Yes. A million worth of what you currently have. It's a one time thing. If you are having reservations, you can always come back. But I tell you, the membership is limited. After all, I don't want to fill up my paradise with so much people. And people who doesn't take it immediately usually loses the offer and slot."

"I'll take it."

"And just so you know, this club is not exclusive to men so if you see other female members around, hindi ka sana mabigla. Members here are also thoroughly screened of course. This is a safe haven after all. Hindi taguan ng mga kriminal."

"If I sign the contract now, how long do I have to wait for it to be in effect?"

"As soon as you walk out that door, you're an exclusive member already."

He signed the contract which was good for ten years. Sa tingin naman niya ay hindi na rin masama ang pambayad niya rito. It was a one time thing anyway. He can always buy some more stocks.

***

Unfortunately hindi tayo umabot ng 20 votes for the A/N as of this writing huhu so as a consolation, at dahil birthday ko naman, I'll still be giving away P100 worth of load to the first 5 commenters in this chapter!