Kiss Me

CW: homophobia and derogatory terms. if anything makes you uncomfortable, feel free to skip ahead.

authors note: i love you, readers, with every last piece of my heart.

𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁

October 27, 1994- a continuation

Elodie skipped downstairs to find George, Lee, and Fred talking in hushed voices at the Gryffindor breakfast table. Fred was multitasking, however, as he was also quite focused on flying bits of sausage into unsuspecting Slytherin's hair.

"-have to find a way to keep her from going back..." George was saying, watching his brother amusedly.

"Morning, boys!" Elodie smiled, planting a kiss on the top of Fred's head. "Plotting something without me?"

"Nope," Lee said unconvincingly.

"Definitely not." Fred smiled. "Sausage?"

"Please." She nodded, backing up a couple feet to catch the food that Fred was levitating in her mouth.

"This is why I love you." Fred cackled, accidentally flying the sausage too far right, missing Elodie and hitting Lee upside the head.

"This is why I hate you." Lee countered, flinging it right back at him.

"No fighting today!" George reminded them, sending the boys pointed looks.

"Why?" Elodie frowned. "Fighting with Freddie is one of my favorite pastimes!"

"Well," Fred sidled up to her. "Today is date night."

"For all of us." He added pointedly, noticing how uncomfortable George and Lee looked when he said those words.

"Mate," George lowered his voice. "It's kind of different."

Elodie held up a firm hand, giving them her best motherly expression. "Not to us. You both deserve some fun."

"We have plenty of fun." Lee huffed. "We're just going to Zonkos. Right, Georgie?"

"Right." George nodded.

"You'll come to the Three Broomsticks with us." Elodie compromised. "No strings attached. Unless Fred decides to hire some dumb flying cupid, then we're all screwed."

This made the boys laugh. Her comment sucked the weight of the conversation out of the air, and the four of them agreed to meet at the small bar later that day.

"Do you want to get a head start, Els?" Fred offered. She nodded enthusiastically, happy to leave before the afternoon crowds were sure to form. 

"See you lot later!" She called behind them. 

Elodie allowed herself to be pulled through the castle by her boyfriend, who was rattling off a list of things he thought they should to that day.

"Honeydukes? Or the Shrieking Shack? Zonkos- but we should probably wait for George and Lee..." He rambled on as they walked through the muddy grass trail.

She grinned at him pensively, enjoying the way his red hair swayed as he walked, and the ease of his beautiful, stupid, words. His eyes were bright, with the gleam of someone who hasn't yet been hurt. She hoped he never would be. Fred Weasley was too good for the world.

"Els?" Fred waved a hand in her face.

Elodie snapped out of her trance, but didn't stop staring at him. "Mm, love?"