CHAPTER TWO

I'm not really great in french and only know a little so I'm relying on Google translate to do the rest, if it's wrong anywhere please correct me. Thanks!

A splitting headache was one side effect of the excessive drinking of last night.

I reached for the table phone beside my bed but before I could punch in the digits, with a rapid knock on the door, a smiling Margaux came in. "Bonjour Madame!"

"Good morning Margaux." I nodded.

"I brought lemon juice, it'll help with your headache."

I took the drink from her and drank in one gulp, then she left.

The funny feeling inside my belly was the other side effect. Gathering enough strength, I ran for the toilet at the end of the walk-in closet and hauled out a week's food in five minutes, bad enough down to the Italian cuisine of few days ago. I could taste it on my tongue.

After I took a long bath, I felt fresh again. I sat on my bed with my bathrobe on and rang for Margaux. When I'd eaten an apple from the table half, Margaux knocked.

"Come in!" I shouted.

"Madame, you sent for me?"

"Yes, Margaux. I've searched for what to wear but I don't seem to come to terms with anything, can you help?"

"Be glad to," she smiled and entered the closet.

I remember how much of a bigger mess I was before Margaux. She has been with me since my darkest of days and we shared more than a master-servant relationship. Margaux is like an older sister and younger grandmother to me. She is your regular housekeeper, doesn't try to mother me but still keeps me in check.

"Will you like this?" She showed me a black and white tight off-shoulder check dress, the hem is a little above my knees, the middle chest of the gown had an opening that showed little cleavage. Hot, but not what I wanted to wear.

"I'm not into that," I decided. She went back and continued.

"How about this one?" She came back this time, with a red suit; a good fit that outlines my round hips perfectly.

"That I can handle. Thanks."

"Vous êtes les bienvenus."

I took it from her and entered the closet. Speaking loud enough for her to hear I asked, "When will you give me French lessons, I am very bad at it!"

"You don't have time for lessons. Besides, the more you communicate with people, the more you learn!" Margaux insisted.

I tucked in the white shirt, pulled on the jacket, and stepped out.

"They will look wonderful together," she handed me a black strap pencil heel.

"Splendid! How do I look?" I watched myself turn in the mirror. Always dress to impress and with wealth as my backing, I could never look less, are the words that I kept with me.

"Lovely," Margaux nodded and smiled.

"Thanks for your help, Margaux."

"My pleasure. Come on, Delroy must have prepared something nice." She took my arm.

We left the room and moved to the dining where Delroy already had breakfast set.

"Morning Madame!" Delroy is my chef, he prepared all the delicious goodness I willingly devoured everyday. He is a good cook and a great friend.

"Morning Delroy." I hailed.

"Breakfast is served," he smiled and pulled out a chair for me to sit.