CHAPTER TWELVE.

"Do you think those guys stand a chance against us?" One of Donald's few but ever so numerous friends asked for my opinion concerning their game as we prepped the showroom.

I must say this was not what I expected.

"No idea, not a fan" I offered not feeling the least inclined to the conversation.

"Oh, where did Don pick you up"

"Don't you think that's insulting? If you don't have a lock on your mouth I'll go rinse out the soap I put in mine this morning." I retorted. But he burst out laughing.

"You're a funny one, I like you but I didn't mean to insult you, it's just that Don usually does someone that also like the games, he doesn't go out with random people"

"Okay, hold it right there, I don't know why you are giving too much information but there is not 'does' 'doesing' or 'doing', I don't even know what you're talking about"

"He brought you to a reunion, I'm sorry sweetheart but there's a does there somewhere."

"Alright, I'm gonna walk away now" I announced, not interested in furthering the conversation or finding hidden meanings.

As I glance back at him one more time he gave me an insinuating smile.

Immediately, I cornered the kitchen grabbed a glass, poured myself a Martino and downed it in one gulp, poured another and walked out with it in hand like I know exactly why I'm here.

I took a seat at the far end corner of the showroom with plans to slip out ten minutes or thirty minutes maximum into the game.

"What are you doing?" I heard then turned to see Donald leaned against the door frame studying me.

"What do you mean"

"Why are you here, you are not planning to run away are you"

"Of course I am"

"How could you" he faked shock. "Good thing I am staying beside you"

"I was planning to just leave till the game ends and then make a magical reappearance but with you here I'll just leave and not come back"

"You don't want me to stay?" he asked.
"Won't you be bored"

"I tightly embrace boredom then" I sent him, untouched.

"You hurt me Mademoiselle, you really do" he shook his head and walked away.

I sunk back into my chair feeling happy for me but not so happy for him.

The experienced the most exhausting time of my life seated in the same spot trying so hard to watch, enjoy and understand what was happening on the screen before me and trying harder to keep the headache caused by consistent shouting in my surrounding at bay. All of which was caused by two people that didn't know seats were invented to be used but instead stood at the door hindering my escape plan.

I gave up on all my efforts on not being rude and unwelcoming to other people's interest when I felt my stomach churn reacting to all the Martino I'd put in my system in the time passed.

I unfolded my legs from the comforter I was on and went for the door, giving the males my best non-distress friendly smile they parted way for me.

I walked the passages and entered rooms for some time before finally finding where I needed to be. Hurriedly I did my business and relieved.

Back in the passages after different attempts, I gave up on finding my way back and wandered through, enjoying the sense of design.

The house had a masculine theme but there was a bit of a feminine touch here and there with the hanging side flower vase on the walls with bigger flower vase at every passage corner plus the colourful paintings and chandelier. I'd say the house is a little too homey but what about mine, ever since Margaux showed up...let's just say she does things differently, but then what do I know about home than broken memories and insatiable longing for love and peace with blood.