CHAPTER ELEVEN

I sat in my car analysing the possible outcomes of this date, good or bad.

Deciding that I'll have to go through with it to find out I grabbed my purse from the passenger seat, took a deep breath and stepped out.

Today I went for a purple crow back long evening dress with side slits hot and not too revealing, just perfect.

Stepping into the building the smell of different culinary delicacies and silent noise of hushed conversations wafted me, the butler walked up to me smiling widely, asking my purpose here.
"Reservations please?"

"Any Mr Xavier?" I told him

"You are the one aye, Monsieur Xavier is expecting you, follow me please".

He lead the way through the narrow back and not into the crowd and left through a door at the end, I hurried my pace to not lose him and went through the door which lead to a short hallway. Across from where I was the butler stood before a double door waved for me to come then opened the door and ushered me in.

Inside was a separate restaurant from the one before, this was a dark quiet place illuminated by dim lights and dimmer candles, with few tables and fewer couples, the soft tunes coming from the piano was enough to drown out every conversation going on, this was perfect first date romantic stuff.

He took me through to a table at the far end where I saw Donald seated with flowers in hand looking out the window disappointed. On seeing me he stood up and smiled largely.

"I thought you wouldn't come," he said relieved.

"I said I would." was my reply, he didn't expect me to come on time, did he?

He came over to me and gave me a light peck on both checks in greeting and then pulled out my seat for me, I smiled at him and sat down.

"I'll get you the menu," the butler said and disappeared.

"So, what now?" I asked awkwardly searching my surrounding. "Damn this place is lit" I let out.

He gave a light chuckle making me laugh at my outburst.
"You are beautiful" I heard, definitely caught me off guard. I smiled and ran a finger behind my ear.

"Thank you, you don't look bad yourself," I said doing him a once over and smiling as not bad was an understatement, the simple white shirt and blazer looked like it was made for him and everyone else has been wearing it wrong. It hugged him tight in all the right places, showing off his biceps.

"I tried my best" he shrugged and this time I chuckled making him laugh.

A waiter came and handed us the menu "When you have decided, Press that button twice and I'll come back." he said pointing to a little gold dinger beside the flower at the middle of the table and left.

I opened the menu and started looking through it.

"If you need help I can order for you, I think I know their best" he offered.

"No I'll be fine" I declined politely. We silently went through the menu and decided what we wanted, he then rang the bell and waited.

"The meals here is amazing you'll love it," he said.

The waiter arrived with a notepad and pen in his hands. "Sir what will you take"

He picked up the menu, looking through what he ordered.

"Ma'am, and you?"

"I'll have the smoked salmon canapes for appetizer and chicken confit with clafoutis dessert and white wine please," I said. And the waiter smiled and left with our order.