CHAPTER THREE

After the meeting, I got a call from Jo and Renee planning a late lunch. We agreed to meet at a place ten minutes away from here.

~~~

From the restaurant's parking lot I could see Jo's back through the glass doors, she was at the reception getting a reservation.

Jolie Doyle, a beautiful young woman, a journalist by profession. With her fair skin, slim figure, and long legs, becoming a next top model was a fit not very far from her grasp.

"Hey, dear!" She smiled and hugged me as I stepped beside her.

"Hi, how are you?" I asked.

"Wonderful! Can't you see?" Jo flipped a lock of gold hair to the back.

"I can," I smiled. "Such narcissist," and joked.

"Whatever! What is keeping Renee? I'm starving," she rubbed her belly. "I got a reservation."

"He'll show me to the table while you wait?" I pointed to the chauffeur and she nodded.

I followed the chauffeur silently through rows of the busy restaurant filled with the low buzz of people's hushed conversation and clanking of spoons on plate.

The lovely aroma of the food got me hungrier. I was taken to a table at a corner. Turning to sit, Renee and Jo we're headed my way.

Renee Johnson is black like me, she is beautiful and busty. Renee always has a smile on her face but she just never takes risks. She is an architect, the best I've known.

"Hello! How are you?" She gave me a tight hug.

"Good and you?" I answered.

"I'm great!"

We slipped into the chair but stared at the advertisement on the screen for the first few seconds.

"Everybody be shouting TGIF like Fridays can cause world peace," Renee is a workaholic, for that reason, Jo and I teased her a lot.

"Oh stop being a sadist," I said.

"I ain't no sadist. I prefer introvert." She responded.

"That's what they call it now?" Jo added.

"I don't got to answer to y'all," Renee eyed us up.

"You're guilty," I stated.

A waiter came over and handed us the menu card, I just ordered my usual.

I had turned to observe my surrounding but was gone too long because my friends were already arguing about something.

"You are coming Renee and that's final, I'm not joking," Jo insisted.

"Oh yeah? 'Cause it sure sounds like a joke to me. I'm not going nowhere!" Renee declined like it was not meant to be said.

"Where are you going?" I asked.

I would love to go somewhere new for a change, I need a day off from my usual order of events, even more than a day what I needed is a vacation.