CHAPTER EIGHT

I don't know, is it just me or are these three ladies ever so prone to problems.

Don't forget to vote, comment and follow to support the story and the writer if the chapter deserved it.
CHAPTER EIGHT let's go.

As I grimaced, thinking what next to do to get out of this one and hoping for a Eureka moment.

"HOLYSHIT!!" and a screeching sound from Renee's chair as she hastily got up, was enough to stop the plotting and hatching going on in my brain.

"I have a meeting" she muttered under her breath.

Jo and I exchanged a quizzical glance as she tried to gather her thoughts

"What are you saying" Jo spoke up.

"By ten, I have a meeting by ten" she spoke louder.

She has a meeting by ten, now is forty-Eight minutes after nine. She gone be late.

"You are late" Jo dared say it.

"You don't think I know that!!" Renee yelled and stormed off.

"Can she make it?" Jo asked concerned.

"No chance, here back to town is full-on road trip"

"Why would you take to living in the middle of nowhere" Jo's voice rose an octave.

"It's peaceful and quiet" I answered guiltily

Renee came back with her phone in hand.

"What are you guys waiting for? Get up!!" Renee yelled once more and Jo and I scampered to our feet. Renee led the way out, the driver already had the car ready.

After what felt like ages, we stopped first at Renee's house to get the required documents. Renee went in and came back with a long black cylinder.

We then all got out at Renee's company building and ran inside. The receptionist sighed with relief on seeing Renee.

"Ma'am they are losing it," she said.

Renee nodded in acknowledgment and we dashed for the elevator.

When we got to the sixth floor there was a ruckus, with workers everywhere talking worriedly amongst themselves.

They started filling Renee in on what she missed as we walked past them.

Through the glass separating the conference room, we saw Janet a petite lady trying to handle the situation the best she could.

We wished Renee luck and gave her a light shove to the door.

Jo and I decided to head to her office on the eighth floor to wait for her.

Immediately we entered the office, Jo fell onto the sofa. I walked around Renee's desk to see through the glass, it is a glass building so from where I stood I can see the streets and beyond. Looking down, the car was still parked there.

I let my eyes roam the streets people watching as I collected excuses as to why going home was a bad idea.

"Ellen!" Jo's trembling voice called from behind me. I turned and followed her gaze to the television, I was on the television. I grabbed the remote and increased the volume.

"Today's headline, Billy Marney's Empire popularly known as The basement was raided on Friday night by the police following an anonymous informant that the place harbours a huge number of contraband, but to the police disappointment there was nothing found, now it is either Mr Marney covers his tracks properly or the information received by the police is false" Male anchor spoke.
"Although Trent something else caught my attention in this whole case. We received picture...." Female anchor
"And videos" Male anchor
"From a certain Mr Jontae Dupont, of our very own iron women posse, Ellen Carson, Jolie Doyle and Renee Johnson, now I don't know what would take them there but let's watch" female anchor.