CHAPTER TWENTY- TWO

"Wasn't that Monsieur Xavier?" Jo stepped around me and stared in the direction Donald went.

"Yes, it was, any problem?"

"Why was he here again? What did he want?"

"Nothing you should worry about," I eyed her up.

"Worry?! Oh, I'm not worried!" Jo laughed, "I'm ecstatic! I suspected and I was right."

"You were right about what?"

"You and Mr. Xavier! So that is why you stood me up many times. Does Renee know?"

"Tell me, why did you say you're here again?" I folded my arm waiting.

"What? No warm hug or cherry welcome?"

"Welcome. Why are you here?" I repeated

"We won't go inside first?"

I turned and started into the building, "Ellen? Not even a smile? You smiled at him, I deserve one too!"

Jo knows her way to the office so I left her to it and went to get two cups of coffee.

She was walking around my desk when I got back and talking to her phone that was on speaker on my desk.

"She didn't tell us and it's not fair!" Jo complained.

"Fuck not fair!" I heard Renee's voice, "she does what she wants, I'm only happy she's finally getting some that big fine man called....."

Right then, I realized what was happening. "I cannot believe you! Jolie!" I called her attention, Jo jumped with guilt written all over her. "Already?! You didn't even give me the benefits of doubt!"

"She had to know!" Jo retorted.

"Is that Ellen?"

"What did I expect, it's in the job description!" I rolled my eyes at her.

"Girl I am so happy! I need all the dets asap!"

"There will be no 'dets'! I would think you were not one to engage in such frivolity!"

"Ah! Get your bougie ass off my phone!"

"With pleasure!" I gave Jo her coffee and turned round to seat in my chair.

"Get back here!"

"Ellen," Jo started. "You should tell us! We can help you, what are friends for? Especially as you know nothing about these things."

"Excuse me?!" I blurted.

"You got her good!" Renee mocked and started laughing with Jo.

"Girls!!" I shouted.

"Sorry," Jo chuckled. "Continue."

"There is nothing to be told, we only have few things in common and the unrelated affairs of last night.."

"Of last night? Bitch that is more than a few things."

"The point is, there is nothing beyond that yet."

"Yet?!" Jo asked.

"If there is anything to tell, you will be told." I declared.

"That's it? All of it?" Jo questioned.

"All of it." I nodded.

"Are you sure?" Renee pestered.

"When did I start lying over petty things?"

Jo raised an eyebrow but agreed. What was the purpose of lying when there is nothing that can be done to me if I didn't tell the truth?

"Well, since that's it, I'll see you girls later. Lunch?"