CHAPTER FOURTEEN

I had a pretty rough start to my week and now it's ending I'm recovering from all the sudden downpour of emotions.

Doctor Paige has one solution to my issues but I'm willing to explore the other ninety-nine point nine options, starting with casual outings. The lunch date I had booked with Renee and Jo was moved to Jo's work, we were present but the food wasn't.

"How about 'News at eight' or 'it's eight and I'm Jolie Doyle' "

Jo's secretary Harley or was it Ashley; was pitching Jo log line ideas for her new program starting next week. Jo was pretending to listen, I was counting down the time and Renee was exploring Shirley's nativity.

"That's nice, pretty strong" Renee praised.

"You think so?"

"Totally."

"I like them myself, I can't pick one though," she told.

"I particularly like the second one, I think it's more, what's the word....feisty" I joined in; not seeing why not.

"Oh you do?!" she asked smiling.

"Definitely!"

"Thank you"

"Jo, what do you think?" Renee turned to Jo, putting the attention on her with no way out.

"Er?..I-maybe-with" Jo stammered.

Harley, Ashley or Shirley was it; had one of those personalities that you found it had to tell the truth to. One of those traits of always being happy and spreading contagious happiness that when you see her you'd wish she'll die from excess happiness just because you can't be happy enough and want the world to go down with you unhappily.

"See, food is here!!" Jo announced as the delivery guy walked in.

The food was passed around and everybody got theirs. We all ate with occasional small talk so I busied myself with my surrounding, taking in how colourful it is. This is their workspace, they call it the 'idea room', it has all these posters that had stuffs like 'You matter' or 'Creativity is in you' or 'If John Wick could fly, so can you' written on them. In my mind I be like; was it John Wick or spiderman that could fly, maybe we watched the movies wrong. But they all served the same purpose, to keep the mind flowing, produce ideas and lift the spirit. I don't know how well that works for the rest of her team but it isn't working very well for Carla here.

~~~

The day is over, I go home, sleep and wake tomorrow for another repeat, such a lovely schedule ain't it.

The driver had the car ready to go but unlucky me, there was a white Tesla with its disturbing owner right beside.

"Hello, Ellen."

"Hello, Donald."

"How was your day?"

"Wonderful" I answered rushing to pass him by, but he sidestepped making me hit solid chest.

Taking a step back I pressed the spot for signs of hurt. Satisfied I was fine, I readied myself for the conversation; chest out, head high and pose ready. I did him a once over and he looked as dishevelled as one would after work in a black button-down shirt tucked in the white trouser.

He smiled in that disturbing way, pocketed his hands and began. "Won't you ask me how my day was?"

"Not interested"

"For courtesy sakes?"

"How was your day?"

"It was not great"