CHAPTER EIGHTEEN

"Margaux all these won't work!" I yelled from my room to Margaux that's in the walk-in closet.

"Have you tried them on?!" she asked.

"They are my clothes, I know they won't!"

"Well, have you tried the new ones I ordered yesterday?!"

"No! When I asked, you said you didn't get any!"

"Get in here!"

We had time, there was plenty of time we had to go through this stress but No, I chose to leave it till the last minute.

In less than six hours I have a ball to attend but no dress, my room is a mess and all of a sudden none of my clothes fit!

"What about this?" Margaux showed me a black short, short skimpy dress.

"I'm not going to a strip club, it's a ball. Come on, that's for role play!"

"Why do you keep it in your closet then?"

"It's part of clothing!"

"Alors portez-le! : Then wear it!"

"Very funny! Margaux, I'm looking for something that does not seem like I want to get laid, something hot and cute at the same time."

"Well, none of your outfits says that. All your outfit say is hot, no cute!"

"Thanks but no thanks.....I need a drink!"

I left Margaux and went to the mini bar in the room.

"Ellen I should not have you drunk when you leave this house!" I rolled my eyes, poured the drink, and went back into the closet. "Drop that drink and go try what I got yesterday!" Margaux screaming at me.

"Madame?!...Madame?!" I heard.

"Delroy now's not the time! You know we have an emergency." I answered.

"Tu as un paquet! : You have a delivery!"

"Delivery?" I thought, "drop it on the bed!"

"I don't think so! There are flowers!" Delroy announced.

My ears stood up, Margaux looked at me demanding answers but I had none. We rushed out of the closet to Delroy.

"Where I come from, we don't keep packages with roses 'on the bed'. We open them immediately," Delroy insisted.

There was a flat and long white box with a red ribbon on top and a bouquet in his hands; I took it from him.

Placing it on the table I squatted to the ground examining the box for any note. Margaux and Delroy took the couch behind me and huddled over.

"Well?" Margaux asked.

"I don't know. There's no note." I explained.

"Delroy verifier les fleurs : check the flowers," she told him.

"Nothing. Just open the box!" Delroy decided.

"Okay, okay!" I took the lid off and there was another paper nylon layer covering. On top of it, was a card.

I read out loud, "I had help finding your size. From Pinocchio."

"Who is that?" Delroy asked.

"Donald," I muttered.

"Vrai gentleman oui! : Real gentleman aye!" He praised.

Hastily, I took off the covering and brought out the dress.

"C'est beau : It's beautiful," Margaux gasped. "There is a matching mask."

I ran my fingers over the mask; it was black but they are made of the same material. Gathering the dress, I went to the mirror and placed it in front of me. It was golden, had a deep V-neck. Fitted, sleeveless, and flowing to the ground. The back was open and covered only from the waist down. I loved how the light reflected on the fabric and I loved the dress.