Chapter 12: Alola, Old Friend

Ash, Mew/Eevee, Spark, Sparkle, and Ray were headed to Melemele Island. They had come to a beach that led out to ocean. A few miles away was Melemele Island. "Come on guys." Ash urged his pokemon on. Mew/Eevee was flopped, face down, in the sand. Sparkle and Ray were trying to keep going. "Guys, we only left the valley 10 minutes ago!" Ash said. "But it feels like forever!" Ray said.

Ash sighed and sat down on a flat rock. Just then, a cut in the space time continuum made an Ultra Wormhole appear. All their eyes widened at the sight. Out from it came a red and black Ultra Beast. It had a bunch of muscles, and looked like and overgrown bug. It had wings on it's back. "Buzz Woleee!!!" it yelled. It came crashing down to earth, slamming it's fists on impact. "Uh-oh. I think I'm going to need everyone's help!" Ash threw all his pokeballs. "Roar!!" "Rooaarr!" "Lycan ROC!" "Torr torrcattt!" "Roo rooo!" "Ninja!" "Scep tile sceptile!" "Rio rio!" "Lu cario!"

Charizard, dragonite, lycanroc, torracat, rowlet, greninja, sceptile, lucario, and riolu all came out of their respective pokeballs. "Pikachus and Ray, thunderbolt! Eevee, swift! Charizard, blast burn! Torracat, fire blast! Rowlet, razor leaf! Greninja, water shuriken! Sceptile, leaf storm! Lucario, riolu, aura sphere!" Ash commanded. All the pokemon immediately obliged and use their moves, with Mew as Eevee using swift. Buzzwole used harden. When all the attacks hit at the same time, a cloud of dust formed.

A few moments later, the dust cleared to reveal a fainted buzzwole. Not even an Ultra Beast could take on that amount of power. "Go, Beast Ball!" The Beast Ball hit buzzwole and turned it to a beam of red light, sucking it inside.

Ash returned all his pokemon except Mew/Eevee, Spark, Sparkle, and Ray.

Ash heard a slow clap from behind him. He rolled his eyes, thinking it was Mew, but was surprised when he saw..."Gladion!" Gladion was one of the only people Ash interacted with (by will). And when I say few, I mean, like, 10-15 people.

"Hey, Ash. I saw the battle. Good job." Gladion said. Next to him were lycanroc (midnight form), umbreon, and silvally. "Thanks. Why don't you take this to your mom." Ash said, tossing the Beast Ball to him. Gladion caught it. "Why don't you come along? You need more information anyways, because I'm guessing you didn't come for a vacation." Gladion said smirking.

"You know it. I actually GET a Spring Break and, lo and behold, I DON'T ACTUALLY GET IT. One week away from those annoying brats and I have to battle pokemon who don't even COME FROM MY WORLD." Ash said fuming. Gladion laughed but stopped a few seconds later, remembering what Ash just said. "Spring Break? Annoying brats?" he asked questioningly. Ash sighed. "Oh yeah, you don't know yet. Well, headquarters sent me on a mission to an academy for elite trainers. Stupid as I am, I accepted. Ever since the first day, these annoying teenagers keep trying to give me payback for yelling at one of their friends. But then I saved them from a pack of bullies, so yeah. Now were kind of even." Ash explained. "Why'd they send you to an academy?" Gladion asked. Gladion was also part of the Pokemon Justice League, so he understood what Ash was talking about. "Well, they think Team Rocket has people in there." Ash replied. "Hmm. Wonder what they want."

"What were you doing out here anyways?" Ash asked, as if the thought had just occurred to him. "Well, mother wanted me to come find you and so I did." Gladion replied. "How did you know where I was?" "Easy. Every Beast Ball has a tracker on it." "I HAVE A TRACKER ATTACHED TO ME!?" Gladion rolled his eyes. "So overdramatic." "Not my fault I don't want my location exposed!!" Ash grumbled.

"So, let's go!" Ash said. "Boy, you sure have a lot of pokemon in the pichu evolution chain." Gladion said, looked over Ash's shoulder at Spark, Sparkle, and Ray. "Oh, that. Well what can I say, pikachu tends to make a lot of friends." Gladion raised his eyebrow. "Ok fine. I caught them because I need more electric types, and they just happened to come across our path." Gladion accepted that answer and said, "Well, what are we waiting for?" "Let's goo!" Ash said, throwing up a pokeball. "Roarr!" Dragonite came out and let Ash climb on. Gladion returned silvally and let out noivern. "Screech!!" Gladion, lycanroc, and umbreon boarded noivern and it took off, along with dragonite.

"To Aether Paradise!"