Chapter 26: New Students

Ash, mew, and pikachu had explained the footage situation to the other pokemon. They were all shocked. All except the twins, Sparkle, Ray, and the ten newborn eevees. "I don't get it." Sunshine said, once they had finished explaining.

"What's so bad about a video?" Sparkle asked. "Ok, so it's pretty complicated-" pikachu was interrupted. "Ashbeattheworldchampionalongtimeagobutdidn'twantanyonetoknowsowedestroyedthecamerasandsinceitwasaprivatebattlenoonewastheretoseeandheerasedthechampion'smemoryofit." mew explained quickly.

"Umm. The only thing I got from that, is that you can talk really fast when you want to." Sunshine said. "I think I get it." Satin said, nodding his head slowly. "You got something from that?" pikachu asked. "Yes? Nevermind that." Satin said. "She said, Ash beat the World Champion a long time ago but didn't want anyone to know so we destroyed the cameras and since it was a private battle no one was there to see and he erased the champion's memory of it." Satin quoted.

"Wow. Ok. I think I get it too." Sunshine said, nodding. "Great! Now that that's settled, let's head back to the academy." pikachu exclaimed. Ray and Sparkle stayed behind while the twins went with Ash, pikachu, and mew back to the academy.

«⁕»

All of the next week, the cloaked mystery person who won against the World Champion was all the academy talked about. The school was buzzing with discussions and whispering of who it could be.

But soon, there was a new rumor going around. A new Master Class student was coming.

That rumor was only further proven, a few days later, when there was an announcement telling everyone to head to the stadium for a new student.

«⁕»

"Another one?" Gary asked.

"Yeah. It seems weird having 2 new students in one year." May remarked. "And, they're in the Master Class." Dawn added. "Wonder if it's a girl this time." Drew said. "That would be nice. Maybe we can make friends with her." Serena replied. They all nodded.

"Well, let's go find out."

«⁕»

"Hello, students! I want to introduce you to our new students! They have both gotten a 97% and are in the Master Class. Please welcome, Carly and Matthew Avalon!" A boy and a girl walked onto the stage.

The boy looked about 15-16. He had somewhat spiky dark brown hair. He wore a white shirt with an unzipped brown vest. He had on jean pants.

The girl looked about 17. She had light brown curly hair that was tied up in a ponytail. She wore a pink and white stripped shirt under an unzipped jean jacket.

The students clapped for the second-highest score ever.

At Lunch

Most students were gossiping about the new students, but some were still stuck on the topic of the mysterious cloaked figure, much to Ash's dismay.

He sat down at his usual empty table. He gave pikachu ketchup, mew the fruit cup, and the twins had french fries.

The new students walked over to the gang. "Hey, can we sit here?" Carly asked. "Sure!" Misty replied. They sat down and started talking to the gang. "Who's that?" Matthew asked a while later, pointing to Ash. "Oh. That's Ash." Serena replied. "You should stay away from him." Max added. "Why?" Carly asked. "'Cuz he'll probably just yell at you." Drew said.

The siblings look quizzically at each other. "Why would he do that?" Carly asked. They shrugged. "Who knows. But we've tried." Bonnie said. "Really?" "Yes." Serena said. "On his first day, I tried to introduce myself, but he just yelled at me." Serena explained. "Maybe it was first day jitters?" Matthew suggested. Gary laughed dryly. "Yeah right. We tried a bunch after that. But he hates our guts." The gang nodded in conformation.

"Who cares, he's a loser anyway." Gary said. "He's stronger than you." Matthew said. "Well, he's still a loser in popularity status." The siblings rolled their eyes.

"The only time he was somewhat nice to us, was when he saved us from Red and his group." Dawn said.

"Who are they?" Carly asked. "They're the bullies of the school. They call themselves the Shadow Gang. Red is their leader, and former champion of the school." Clemont explained.

"Who's the champion now?" Matthew asked. "Ash." they all replied.

«⁕»

Ash was eating peacefully...until the new students came to his table.

"Hi!" Matthew exclaimed. "Hello." Carly greeted. Ash grunted in annoyance.

*Oh no, not more people.* pikachu said. *At least it's not troublesome.* Satin replied. *Come on guys, they might not be that bad.* Sunshine reasoned. *You never know.* mew said.

"They don't really like you, over there." Matthew tried again. "What do you want?" Ash asked. "We just wanted to tell you that they aren't really saying anything nice over there." Matthew replied. "Don't care. They're all annoying, so frankly, I don't care about their dumb opinions." Ash replied. There was silence. "We heard that you're the school champion." Carly said. "Mhm. Good for you." he replied.

"You have some really cute pokemon." Carly said. She tried to pet pikachu. "Pika!" Pikachu sparked it's cheeks. Satin started growling. She pulled back hastily. "They don't like strangers. Now, what are you still doing here?" he said.

"I challenge you to a battle!" Matthew exclaimed. Carly's eyes widened. Ash looked bored. "I decline." he responded. "Why? Are you afraid you'll lose?" he asked. "No, I'm afraid I'll humiliate you." Ash replied sarcastically. "Come on! Just a 1 on 1." he said.

"Ugh. If it will make you leave me alone, then I accept."

Hey guys! The next chapter will be the finale! it should be out in a while. Welp, till next time,

Cya!

- PokeMeow