Chapter 14: Ash Vs. Kiawe!

They all went down to the battlefield outside. Gladion was going to be the referee. "This will be a 3 on 3 battle! Whoever's pokemon are unable to battle first lose! Are you ready?" Ash and Kiawe both nodded. "Battle Begin!" "Let's Gooo!" Kiawe threw a pokeball and out came turtonator. "Bring on the heat!!" turtonator yelled. Ash sighed. "Come on out!" Torracat burst from the ball. "I'm fired up!!" it yowled. "Turtanator, use flamethrower!" Kiawe commanded. "Torracat, fight back with revenge!" *12% power.* Ash added. Turtanator let out a blast of fire from it's mouth. Torracat's paw was surrounded in fire, and it lunged towards the flamethrower, plowing right through it and barely taking any damage. He sliced at turtonator's face. "Ahh! It burns and stings!!" "Take that, you dragon lizard thingy!!" "Turtonator, shake it off and use shell trap while it's still close!" Kiawe ordered. Ash smirked and met torracat's eye. He nodded and turtonator turned around and exploded it's shell.

When the smoke cleared, torracat was gone. They looked up to see torracat in the air. It had used flare blitz to help propel itself into the air. "Now use fire blast!!" Ash shouted. *20% power!* Torracat made an ember with it's bell and then punched it with it's paw. It became a fire blast and it was headed straight for turtonator. "Turtanator!" Kiawe yelled.

The fire blast hit him and torracat hit him with it's flare blitz that was still going. When the smoke cleared torracat was sitting there grooming, while turtonator had swirls in it's eyes. "Turtanator is unable to battle! Torracat is the winner! Kiawe, please send out your next pokemon!"

"You battled well, my friend." Kiawe said, returning the pokemon to it's pokeball. "Go, marowak!" Kiawe threw a pokeball. "I'll knock you out with my bone!" maroak yelled. "Torracat, take a good rest." Ash said, returning it. "Sceptile, come out and help!" Ash said, throwing a pokeball. "I am ready to fight master!" Sceptile said. "Battle begin!"

"Marowak, use shadow bone!" Kiawe yelled. "Sceptile, dodge it!" "Take this!" marowak yelled, trying to hit sceptile. But sceptile just kept swiftly dodging the attempts. "I'm serious! Stay still and take this!" marowak yelled. "Use leaf blade!" Ash commanded. *15% power!* Sceptile dodged once more and then jumped into the air. The blades on it's arms grew long and glowed. Sceptile fell down towards marowak who had it's bone ready. Sceptile used leaf blade with one arm, to which marowak countered with it's bone. Sceptile smirked and used the other one the slice at marowak, then jumped back. "Now use energy ball barrage!" Ash shouted. *17% power!* Sceptile created a bunch of energy balls and sent them at marowak. "Counter with shadow ball!" Kiawe shouted. Marowak sent shadow balls at the energy balls, and a few exploded. But there were some that broke through the shadow balls and hit marowak. "Marowak is unable to battle! The winner is sceptile! Kiawe, please send out your next pokemon!"

"Thank you. You battled hard." Kiawe returned the fainted pokemon. "Now, for my strongest pokemon. You'll wish you never defeated my others! COME ON OUT!" Kiawe yelled, with the fire of Wela Volcano burning in his eyes. "ROARRR!!" The deafening sound of charizard's roaring could be heard for miles. (Though it still wasn't nearly as loud as Ash's charizard.) Charizard's pokeball shook. *Sorry, not this time, buddy.* Ash said, since he knew charizard could hear him through his pokeball. Ash could've sworn he heard a 'huff' back, and shook his head. "Return sceptile. You did great." Ash said. Ash sent out a pokeball and lucario came out. "I am ready to battle, master!" Everyone but Gladion was shocked at the coloring of the lucario. "What kind of lucario is that?" Mallow asked. "It's a rare one. It's neither normal nor shiny." Ash said. "Wow." Sophocles said. "Battle Begin!"

"Charizard, use dragon claw!" Kiawe ordered. Charizard's claw glowed green and became longer. "Lucario, counter it with aura bone!" Ash commanded. Lucario put it's fists together and formed a bone out of nowhere. It held the bone in one hand while making an aura sphere with the other. Then it threw the aura sphere directly up and held the bone up straight. The aura sphere crashed down on it, making the bone more powerful as it glowed blue with aura. Charizard's claws and lucario's bone clashed in a battle for dominance.

After a few seconds, lucario won and pushed charizard back. Kiawe had an idea, but it was a gamble. He decided to just go for it. "Charizard, use roar!" Charizard roared at lucario and it returned back to it's pokeball. Ash wasn't expecting that. Then one of Ash's pokeballs opened to reveal lycanroc (dusk form). They were all shocked again. "That's not midday or midnight form!" Lillie said. "Then what is it?" Mallow asked. "It's dusk." Ash replied. "Dusk?" Sophocles asked. "It evolved during the green flash." Ash said curtly. "Wow!" Lana said. "Are we gonna battle?" Ash asked, annoyed. "Oh, uh, yeah." Kiawe said. "Battle begin!" Gladion shouted

"Charizard use dragon breath!" Kiawe commanded. Charizard built up it's enery and then sent a powerful dragon breath lycanroc's way. "Lycanroc, dodge it with accelerock!" Ash said. Lycanroc dodged it, moving quickly around the area. "Charizard, use slash!" Kiawe said. Charizard swiftly flew at lycanroc, and used slashed on him. He tossed him into a trough full of water that a mudsdale and a ponyta were drinking in. Lycanroc slowly got out of the trough and onto the ground. It walked to the battlefield with it's head still down. It got to Ash's side of the battlefield and faced charizard.

Then it looked up.

It's eyes were crimson red. It started howling. "AROOOO!!!" "Calm down, your fine." Ash said. "What's going on?" Mallow asked worriedly. "Charizard's enraged it by making it dirty." Ash answered curtly. 

"Lycanroc, use counter!" Lycanroc jumped up and lunged at charizard, it's paw glowing white. It hit charizard in the face before he could react.

"Charizard, let's do it!" Kiawe yelled. Charizard roared back in response. Kiawe and charizard did a bunch of poses. "Use INFERNO OVERDRIVE!!" Kiawe yelled. Charizard created a ball of fire. It kept getting bigger, and bigger, and then charizard set it at lycanroc.

At abut the same time, "Lycanroc, you ready?" Ash asked, smirking. Lycanroc looked at him with determination and nodded. Ash pushed a tiny bronze-colored button on his Z-ring. A tiny compartment opened with the Lycanium-Z. He took it out and switched it with the Electrium-Z. Ash closed his eyes in concentration, and lycanroc did the same. They opened they're eyes, fully in sync. "USE, SPLITERING STORMSHARDS!!" Ash yelled. "AROOOOOOO!!!!" Rocks lifted and turned themselves towards charizard and he was pelted with a bunch of sharp stones.

A cloud of dust settled over the battlefield. When it cleared, lycanroc was cleaning it's fur, while charizard was laying face flat, on the ground with swirls in it's eyes. "Charizard is unable to battle! Lycanroc is the winner, which means the victory goes to Ash!" Gladion said.

Everyone applauded the intense battle, while Kiawe and Ash returned their pokemon and met in the middle of the battlefield and shook hands. "Good battle." Ash said. "I have to admit, you're a lot stronger than I thought you were." Kiawe smiled.

"Well I should get going." Ash told everyone. "Bye!" They all waved as Ash, Spark, Sparkle, Ray and mew/eevee left the school grounds.