Chapter 4: The Ambush!

Got to the end of the song and turn on the captions! There's something funny there.

Anyways...

________________________________________________

The next few days, the gang kept a close eye on Ash. After school, when Ash decided to visit the rest of his pokemon in the forest, the gang started talking.

"Where is he going?" Drew asked suspiciously. "I dunno. Maybe we should follow him." Gary said. Everyone agreed. They followed Ash into the forest. Suddenly, they all crashed into an invisible barrier. "Seriously?!" Gary shouted. "Another one?!" Max asked. "But how can he just pass right through them?!" May questioned.

Meanwhile...

"Hey guys!" At this remark, all of Ash's Pokémon looked over to see Ash with Pikachu on his shoulder and Mew floating next to him. The Pokémon cried out in happiness to see their master back once again. "Have you all been training?" They all nodded enthusiastically. "Alright then, that's good. What do you say we have a small feast?" Ash asked. All his Pokémon cried out to answer yes. "Ok!" Ash concentrated hard and then waved his hands. A feast appeared on the ground. It was laid out on a red and white picnic blanket. "Alright everyone, dig in!" All the Pokémon started eating. There was so many different kinds of food and desserts like cake and ice cream. There was also moo moo milk and other yummy dishes. Ash watched happily as his Pokémon ate the food. He was a bit hungry so he decided that a little food couldn't hurt.

With the Gang...

"We're never gonna break it." Max said. They had been punching, kicking and even had their Pokémon use moves on the strange barrier for a while now, but it gave no sign of breaking. "You're right. We have to plan something else." Drew concluded. "Hmm..." the group thought for awhile. Then, Brock said, "What about an ambush!" The group thought for a moment about Brock's idea. "I think that's our best shot at payback." Gary said. Everyone agreed. They decided to ambush him after school.

The Next Day After School 

The gang was positioned on each side of the road. Clemont, Bonnie, Dawn, and Brock were on the left, while Paul, Serena, May, Max, and Drew were on the right. Gary was going to walk out of the forest when Ash came close enough. He would then make up a story to why he was there and then challenge Ash. If Ash refused, everyone would come out and battle him, whether he liked it or not.

«⁕»

Ash decided to go to the forest to relax with his Pokémon again. Unbeknownst to him, he was walking right into their trap by walking along the path. Suddenly, he heard a rustle in the bushes. He looked over, and then Gary came out of them. 'Uh-oh. Here comes trouble.' Ash thought to himself. "Oh, hey! I was just uhh looking for some pokemon to add to my team." Gary said. "Great, good for you. Now could you get out of my way?" Ash said. Gary was blocking the path, standing right in the middle of it. "Sure, but you have to battle me first." Gary replied. 'Stupid teenage life. Why did I have to go and except the mission? Why couldn't I have just said I was busy?' Ash mentally cursed himself.

"I'm in a bit of a hurry so, no." Ash replied. "Are you sure?" Gary asked, smirking to himself. Ash had an idea of what was coming his way. 'This is some stupid ambush isn't it? Why me?' Ash thought. "Yes, I'm sure." Ash replied. "Well, that's too bad cuz you've got no choice!" Gary yelled. Just then everyone came out their hiding places and surrounded Ash. They all let out their Pokémon.

"Delphox, Sylveon, time to shine!" Serena shouted.

"Mamoswine, Quilava, Togekiss spotlight!" Dawn yelled.

"Blaziken, Venasaur, Warlortle, take the stage!" May exclaimed.

"Electivire, Ursaring, Torterra stand by for battle!" Paul yelled.

"Dedenne, Aromatisse, come on and help out!" Bonnie shouted.

"Grovyle, Skarmory, let's go!" Max exclaimed.

"Sudowoodo, Marshtomp, Forretress, come on out!" Brock yelled.

"Roserade, Absol, Flygon, out you come!" Drew shouted.

"Heliolisk, Luxray, Magnamite, help us out!" Clemont exclaimed.

"Blastoise, Nidoking, Arcanine, I choose you!" Gary yelled.

There were 27 Pokémon in all, and they were all surrounding Ash. Ash just sighed. 'I am SO going to overdo this.' he thought. 'Well, whatever. They're fault for digging their own graves.' Ash smirked to himself and grabbed 4 pokeballs and said, "Everyone out!" while Pikachu jumped to the ground in battle stance. Out from the pokeballs came Infernape, Gengar, Pidgeot, and Feraligator. "Guys, I now have a battle opportunity, if anyone wants!" Ash shouted to his Pokémon in the forest. The gang looked quizzically at him, wondering he if he actually had backup, or if he was just plain crazy. A few seconds later a few Pokémon started to come out of the forest, rushing to protect their trainer. There was Gigalith, Swellow, Garchomp, Dragonite, and a few others. Now Ash had 12 Pokémon with him(not including Mew). "What?! How do you have more then 6 Pokémon with you? That's impossible!" Max shouted. "My secrets, not yours. Plus, it's your own fault for putting your Pokémon into the emergency room." Ash said smirking. "Wha-" "Pikachu, thunderbolt and electro ball! Infernape, flamethrower! Gengar, shadow ball! Pidgeot, air slash! Feraligator, hydro pump! Gigalith, rock blast! Swellow, wing attack! Dragonite, hyper beam! Garchomp, dragon breath! Everyone else, your strongest moves!" Ash commanded.

"Electivire, thunder! Torterra, leaf storm!" Paul ordered. "Blastoise hydro pump! Arcanine, flamethrower! Nidoking, earthquake!" Gary yelled. "Grovyle, bullet seed! Skarmory, spikes!" Max shouted. "Dedenne, discharge! Aromatisse, hidden power!" Bonnie exclaimed. "Blaziken, blaze kick! Venasaur, frenzy plant! Wartortle water pulse!" May commanded. "Mamoswine, ice shard! Togekiss, aura sphere! Quilava, swift!" Dawn shouted. "Heliolisk, parabolic charge! Luxray, discharge! Magnimite, supersonic!" Clemont yelled. "Flygon, boomburst! Roserade, petal dance! Absol, focus energy!" Drew ordered. "Delphox, will-o-wisp! Sylveon, moonblast!" Serena commanded. "Marshtomp, mud shot! Forretress, toxic spikes! Sudowoodo, mimic!" Brock shouted.

Pikachu and Electivire's thunderbolts competed and ultimately, Pikachu's won and electrocuted Electivire. All the leaf storms, flamethrowers, thunderbolts, and every other move collided and created a huge cloud of smoke. "Pidgeot use gust!" Ash commanded. Pidgeot used its wings to create a large gust of wind that blew all the smoke away. When the smoke was blown away, it revealed that every single one of the gang's Pokémon were fainted in critical condition, while Ash's Pokémon were still standing strong. The gang's jaws dropped. How could Ash have beaten them when he was largely outnumbered?

The gang returned all their Pokémon and ran down the path to get to the Pokémon Center. Before they were out of sight, Gary turned around and yelled, "We'll get you for this!!" Ash just sighed, not even bothering to return his Pokémon, and went into the forest with his Pokémon following close behind, Pikachu on his shoulder and Mew invisibly on his head.