Chapter 25: The World Changing Footage

(Satin and Sunshine's nickname is 'the twins' cuz it's shorter. Sparkle, Ray, and pikachu are gonna be 'the siblings' unless I single out pikachu, then 'the siblings' will be Sparkle and Ray. So remember that.) (Also, Ash's home in the forest will just be 'home'.)

Ash entered a clearing in the forest. He answered the call.

Back At The Stadium

Gary was already in his place at the battlefield. "If the challenger doesn't arrive soon, they will be disqualified." the announcer said.

A murmuring in the crowd broke out.

In The VIP Box

The gang was just plain confused. "Why would he miss out on this?" May wondered aloud. "Yeah." Dawn agreed. "Maybe he just chickened out." Drew said. The rest of them were skeptical. "I don't think that's the case. He didn't hesitate to beat us when we outnumbered him." Brock said. "Maybe something important came up." Serena suggested. The rest of the gang nodded. This was the best they could come up with.

In The Forest

"What is it?" Ash asked as he answered the call. "I need an update. So far, I haven't gotten anything from you since you entered the academy." Oops. "Right. Well, your sources were correct. There are currently 2 Team Rocket members attending the academy. I don't know about any others." Ash replied. "Alright. Keep on alert. If anyone, and I mean anyone, were to find out-" "Yeah, yeah. Not like I couldn't handle them anyways." Ash said. "Alright then, I'll leave you to it." And with that, the call ended.

"Geez. He knows I'll be fine." Ash said. "Anyone couldn't help but worry about you." pikachu said. "Hey!" Ash said. They all snickered.

"Well, I guess there's no use in going back to the stadium. Why don't we head back and see everyone." Ash suggested. "Yay!" Sparkle exclaimed. They went back home.

«⁕»

It had been a week since the Clash Of Academies. Sage Academy had won, unfortunately, and all the visiting students had gone back to their academies.

Ash went back to his dorm with pikachu and mew. The twins and the siblings were back in the forest with Ash's other pokemon.

When he entered the dorm, no one was there. He checked up on the stuff he had left there, just in case. Luckily, everything was in it's place. "Should we take a walk through the city?" Ash asked. "Ok!" pikachu said. "Yeah! We can go shopping!" Mew exclaimed. She was no longer a delcatty, and she was invisible in her true form.

They left the school grounds and walked into the city. There were a bunch of shops. Mew convinced Ash into buying a diamond ring, witch fit her perfectly on her waist.

 Mew convinced Ash into buying a diamond ring, witch fit her perfectly on her waist

They walked past a shop with a bunch of TVs in the window. What was playing was what caught their eye.

"Breaking News. We have recently acquired footage of a mystery challenger who challenged the World Champion. However, when we asked about this strange challenger, he reported that he didn't remember a cloaked challenger." a reporter said.

The TV showed footage of cloaked figure returning a pokemon. The World Champion returned a fainted pokemon and walked up to the cloaked figure to congratulate the mystery person on his win. At the last moment, the cloaked person let out a hypno and commanded it to use hypnosis.

"That is all the footage that remained from a hidden security camera that was found in ruins. That's all for today folks. Thank You for watching Channel 6 News..."

This was all-too-familiar footage. Footage that was supposed to be destroyed. Footage that was never supposed to be seen.

"No. No, no, no, no, no. This can not be happening." Ash said. "We must not have damaged the cameras enough!" pikachu exclaimed. "Well, you had a cloak on, so they won't be able to identify you." mew said.

Ash ran back home and dialed a number on his phone. "HAVE YOU SEEN WHAT'S ALL OVER THE NEWS?!" Ash yelled. "Yes. And we've been trying to get it off for the last 10 hours." "And you didn't think to, oh I don't know, TELL ME!?" Ash said. "I knew you'd react like this, so I didn't. I figured you would find out soon enough. That academy is famous for it's gossip." "It doesn't matter if you take it off the internet. The whole world's seen it. Now the Champions will be searching for me." Ash said. "Yes well, lucky for us, you had a cloak on. They wouldn't know how to find the person in the footage." "Well, at least I have one thing going for me." Ash said grimly. "I'll get back to you when we've got more information." A 'beep' was heard as the phone call ended.

But Ash didn't hear it. All he could do was stand there and watch in horror as one of his biggest secrets was revealed to the whole world.