Chapter 1: Welcome to the Pokémon Academy!

The Next Day At the Academy 

May, Dawn, Serena, Misty, Brock, Drew, Gary, Clemont, Paul, Max, and Bonnie were some of the Master Class students. They always meet up before school, and today they all had a specific topic in mind. "So guys, did you hear we're having a new student?" Gary asked the group. "Yeah. I wonder if it's a boy or girl." Clemont said. "I hope it's a girl!" May squealed. "Yeah, a new shopping partner!" Dawn agreed. "We also need more girls." Misty said. "I hope it's a cute girl." Drew said. "I just hope their good at battling." Paul said. The bell rang and the speaker said, "We are having a new student, so please report to the stadium for an assembly." "Hmm. We only have an assembly for a new student when they get into the Master Class." May replied. "Yeah, but no one has gotten into the Master Class for years." Max said. "Well let's go see." said Bonnie.

Meanwhile With Ash

Ash was getting ready for school. "I know you all want to come but I can only bring 6 of you." Ash said to his energetic pokemon. Ash looked around at all his Pokémon and thought for a moment. "Pikachu, Mew, Riolu, Charizard, Lycanroc, and Sceptile do you wanna come?" The following pokemon roared in happiness. The unmentioned Pokémon were visibly disappointed. "Sorry I can't bring all of you. You can stay and train, then you can be even more guaranteed to win your battles, not that there's a remote possibility you'd lose any of them. Also, guard the place and make sure no one comes near." Ash said. He neatly placed his eggs in his backpack and put it on. He returned all his Pokémon that he was taking with him except Pikachu, Mew and Charizard. Pikachu hopped on his shoulder and Mew turned invisible and sat on his head. He got onto Charizard and flew to school.

When he arrived, he returned charizard to it's pokeball and saw the principal. "Hello Ash, it's good to see you." said Professor Sycamore. "Hi professor. Where do I go?" Ash asked. "Well, we are having an assembly to introduce you because you are in the Master Class and we haven't had a new student get into the Master Class for years." the professor replied. "Follow me to the stadium." Ash followed the professor to the stadium and saw hundreds of kids sitting in the bleachers waiting. The principal walked up to the announcer's box and said into the microphone, "Hello students! I want to introduce you all to a new Master Class student. He got the highest score on the test than any other student. He got a perfect 100!" All the students cheered and some were so amazed they were speechless. The highest record score had been 72. 

In The VIP Box (Where Only The Master Class Students Can Go)

"What?!" May shouted. "How?!" Dawn yelled. "Amazing!" Clemont said. The rest were speechless. "He must be a good battler then." Paul said. "Hmm. The professor said it's a boy." Gary said.

At The Stadium 

"Please give a warm welcome to Ash Ketchum!" Professor Sycamore said. Ash walked out into the stadium, Pikachu on his shoulder and Mew invisibly on his head. The crowd cheered and applauded. *Yay, I'm famous!* Mew said through aura. *Your already famous, dummy.* Pikachu replied. *Lay off it guys.* Ash sighed. Pikachu and Mew argued a lot.

Then out of nowhere a voice said, "I challenge you to a battle." It was Paul. The crowd went silent. Paul was one of the best battlers in school. "I accept." Ash replied. Everyone was shocked. He may have gotten a perfect 100, but that didn't necessarily mean that he was a good battler. Some people were just nerds. Although, he didn't really look like the kind of person who really studied.

The boys walked on to a side of the battlefield. "This will be a 3 vs 3 battle. When all of one side's Pokémon are unable to battle they lose." Professor Sycamore said. The two boys nodded. "Battle begin!"