Twenty-One

Hope's P.O.V

It was finally the after party of the awards and I was having mixed emotions about the night, but then again I couldn't remember how many wines I had to drink so that probably didn't help. I had spent most of the night with Victoria, from memory, who was actually really really nice. I had slightly been avoiding Aaliyah after I saw her with that girl from Rome and quite frankly she was too busy being interviewed after winning best businesswoman of the year and with the company also winning an award.

It was getting hot inside the room so I stumbled my way outside where I knew it was going to be cooler. My head was spinning, as I had my hands out in front of me, trying to find the door handle as it blurred in front of me. I fell out the door once I had opened in and couldn't help but laugh at myself.

"Have a nice trip?" I stopped laughing and looked up at the girl who I had been hating all night long.

"Yep," I hiccuped again, slowly pulling myself up onto my feet. I stumbled backwards slightly but regained my balance. I had only seen her from afar and she was gorgeous. Being this close to her made me angry because she was even more gorgeous if that was even possible. Now I could see why Aaliyah was talking to her.

"So you're Hope I'm assuming?" She asked, leaning against the fence that overlooked the beach.

"Who is asking?" I questioned, folding my arms across my chest. I felt slightly angry when she started laughing at me.

"Wow you're so tough," she laughed, taking a few steps towards me, "Aaliyah told me you were shy and a stuttering mess,"

"S-she said that?" I questioned, suddenly feeling my guard drop.

"Of course she did, didn't she tell you about our time in Rome?"

"W-what?"

"Angelina you need to leave," I could feel the tears welling in my eyes as Vanessa's voice interrupted us.

"And why is that Vanessa?" She questioned, taking further steps forward. I felt Vanessa moving beside me until she was in front of me, standing inches from Angelinas face.

"Because I said so, and Hope clearly doesn't enjoy your company," Vanessa breathed, standing her ground. I wiped the tears from my eyes and couldn't shake the thought of her and Aaliyah being together and Aaliyah saying those things about me.

"Did you tell Hope about Rome?" Angelina asked, throwing her brown locks behind her. I listened as Vanessa was silent for a moment.

"It wasn't my place to say,"

"Look at that Hope, Vanessa and Aaliyah both lied to you about me. Imagine what else they've lied about,"

"Hope listen-," Vanessa began but I didn't let her finish. My eyes were watering as I stumbled back through the crowds towards the exit. My vision was spinning and blurry but I needed to go. I was suddenly stopped as arms engulfed me into them. It only took a second for the familiar perfume to let me know who it was.

"Hope what's wrong?" She whispered, holding me close. I tried breaking free from her embrace but she help me tighter.

"Hope-,"

"N-no I just want to go," I hiccuped, pushing myself out of her embrace. I looked up, meeting her concerned honey orbs before I ran outside of the venue.

"Hope!" I heard her call. I ignored her and stumbled towards the taxi bay and hailed one before climbing in and giving him directions to my house. I let the tears stream down my face quietly as I looked out the window. Is this what heartbreak felt like? Because I didn't like it.