Seventeen

Aaliyah's P.O.V

I was still beyond furious with Bradley. I mean, when was I not furious with him? Hope still hasn't explained to me what he exactly did but I wasn't going to force her too. If she felt comfortable to tell me she would, but until then, I was going to make his life hell.

All I wanted was him disbanded from the company and thrown in jail for everything he had done. But I knew it wasn't easy. With his parents the original owners of the company and big influences within the industry I knew I had to be strategic with how I played my points. I had to bring the enemies closer so they trusted me enough so I could break them from the inside out.

I watched Hope from beside me as she ate her salad I had picked up for the both of us. It was as if she was in her own little world. She looked as though she was in deep thought.

"Everything okay Hope?" I questioned, gaining her attention. She held her finger up as she finished chewing, a small blush appearing on her cheeks.

"Yeah I'm just thinking,"

"Enlighten me about what that pretty mind of yours is thinking," I smiled, earning a deeper blush from the smaller girl.

"Um about the dinner you have tonight, with Mr and Mrs Inez,"

"What about it?" I questioned, curious as to why she was thinking about it.

"I don't know," she mumbled quietly, looking down at her salad, "I just have a bad feeling I guess," she shrugged, moving her food around with her fork. I leaned forward, intertwining our hands together. I rubbed my thumb against  hers in reassurance.

"Everything will be fine, we're talking about the position of the company,"

"I just, never mind," I mumbled.

"No tell me," I encouraged her. Her cheeks turned a deep shade of red.

"I-I just don't want them to make you see Mr Inez again," she mumbled cutely, her ears turning red as she looked down. I couldn't help but smile.

"Are you saying you'd be jealous if I started dating Bradley again?" I questioned, earning a quick head shake from her.

"I-I um I mean not jealous I um I mean yes, I don't know," she laughed nervously. I shifted in my chair so I could allow my other hand to grab her cheek to bring her eyes to mine. I leaned in, a small smile on my lips.

"It's adorable when you're jealous," I smirked, "but I would rather have my arm chopped off then to ever consider Bradley like that again." Hope just stared at me, her lips slightly parted. I took this opportunity to lean in and capture her lips with mine. I heard her breath hitch as we kissed gently. Our lips moved slowly together before we were interrupted by someone clearing their throat. I slowly turned my gaze up to Vanessa and Hope flew back so quickly, I nearly wore her salad.

"You know for a couple who are supposed to be on the down low, you both really love pda and the possibility of getting caught by the asshole himself," she laughed, walking towards us.

"What can I do for you Vanessa?" I chuckled, still holding onto Hope's hand.

"You have a board meeting in ten minutes," she explained, placing her hands in her pockets.

"Yes that's right," I sighed, turning my attention to Hope. She smiled shyly at me, "I'll just be a moment Vanessa,"

"I'll wait outside," she smiled knowingly before heading out of my office.

"Did you want to come over later tonight?" I asked Hope, earning a small blush.

"I-I What about dinner?"