Eight

Aaliyahs P.O.V

I waited in the limo for Hope to make her way out of the appartments. It was finally Sunday and I was more than ready to have a week away from this place. Although this trip was still work related, I needed to get away from the paparazzi that constantly followed me. Bradley was charged with assault but was released the same day. I hadn't spoken or seen him since the incident which I was glad about. I was not officially back to Aaliyah West. Bradley still had a share of the company which annoyed me but apparently because of the agreement he was still eligible for his share even if he didn't contribute to the work. I didn't know how it worked but I was definitely pissed off that I'd still have to see him in the office. Vanessa and I had been discussing plans for the future but it was too soon to amount to anything just yet. I still had a dark bruise on my cheek which I covered with makeup from when he slapped me. I hadn't told my mum about it because I knew she would have him executed within seconds.

"Hi," Hope's melodic voice filled the limo.

"Packed and ready to go?" I questioned, hearing Ramirez climb back into the front seat.

"Yes I think so," she mumbled, pulling at her sweater. I had told Hope to dress comfortably today because we were going to be on a plan for  over ten hours. I quickly glanced at her outfit, smiling at the choice of clothing. She always chose clothes which brought out her eyes. I wore comfortable clothing but still made sure it looked professional.

"We will be arriving in Rome at around ten in the evening," I started, gaining Hope's attention, "we don't have anything planned today but I'm sure the jet lag will catch up on us." Hope didn't say anything just nodded. She rubbed her hands together in her lap, something she did quite often. I gathered she was nervous about flying which was understandable for her first time. The company owned a private jet and we hired exceptional pilots and hostess to ensure everything was planned for the trip. I had never encountered a problem the years I've run this business.

When we got to the private airport I could sense Hope's nerves. The paparazzi swarmed the car as we both made our way out. The security guards shielded is as reports yelled questions and stuck microphones in my face o try and answer questions about the situation with Bradley. I kept my head high, moving quickly through the people until we were safely inside the gates where the paparazzi and reporters couldn't go.

"This way," I tilted my head to the left and allowed Hope to follow me. I took smaller strides as I knew Hope was smaller and took shorter steps. My heels clicked against the concrete as we neared the private jet.

"Hello Miss West, Miss Ferris," our hostess greeted us at the entrance of the plane. I liked that she was caught up on the marriage situation and addressed me by my maiden name.

"Hello Miss Yale," I smiled.

"Everything is ready for you in the plane. We will pack your bags and will be ready for take off once everyone is seated,

"Thank you," I nodded, walking past her into the plane. I quite enjoyed this private plane. There was a main area with a small bar and lounge seats, a small bedroom and a bathroom attached. I spent the most time in this plane than anyone else in the company. I sat on one of the seats, pulling my phone out of my pocket. Hope sat on the seat across from me, feat evident all over her face.

"Sit here," I instructed, patting the space next to me. She hesitated for a second before getting up and sitting next to me.

"Nervous to fly?" I questioned, placing my phone in the holder in charge.

"A little," she mumbled, her hands clasped together in her lap.

"There's nothing to be afraid of," I reassured her, as the flight attendant entered the plane, "I know the thought of crashing is high but over the years I've been in this plane countless of times and it's never happened," I continued, watching slight relief wash over face.