Fourteen

Hope's P.O.V

I carried the coffee tray in one hand and made my way carefully through the lobby to try and not spill them. There were a few people walking around this morning being the start of the week and the long list of board meetings that were held throughout the day.

Today I was nervous to come into work after the interaction I had with Aaliyah on Saturday night. My nerves still hasn't settled and the closer I got to her office the more flustered I became. I spent forever getting ready this morning because I didn't know what to wear or how to wear it. It was like I had this added pressure knowing Aaliyah liked me and wanted to see where things went. Just thinking about it made me blush profusely.

"Morning Hope," Vanessa greeted me, as she stepped into the elevator from the fourth floor.

"Morning, I have your coffee," I moved my hand closer.

"Thank you," she smiled, eyeing me quickly as she grabbed her coffee, "you look different today," she spoke quietly, a smile forming on her lips as she took a sip from her coffee.

"I-is that a bad thing?" I asked, feeling my cheeks heat up. I was already second guessing my outfit choice. I knew I shouldn't of changed my outfit last minute or I should've brought a spare.

The elevator dinged and the doors opened. She glanced back at me with a smile, "Aaliyah will like it," she chuckled, walking down towards her office, her heels clicking against the floor. I stood baffled by her comment, my cheeks bright red. I was so baffled the elevator doors had closed and I was moving up.

"Damn it," I mumbled, pressing the floor button. The doors opened and Bradley stepped in, pressing the same button as me.

"Oh it's good to see you Miss Ferris," he smiled, leaning against the elevator.

"Good morning," I mumbled quietly, shuffling on my feet. Bradley stepped closer, causing me to stumble backwards into the wall.

"I don't bite," he chuckled, leaning his shoulder on the wall next to me. I looked up at him, feeling my heart beat heavily in my chest.

"Do you have a boyfriend?" He asked as the elevator stopped moving. I shook my head, not knowing what to say. He smirked, tucking a few stands of hair away from my face and behind my ear.

"Good to know," he smirked before walking out of the elevator towards my destination. I walked out, my legs feeling like jelly as I got closer to Aaliyah's office where Bradley had walked into. I tried to take deep breaths to calm my breathing but when I rounded the corner and saw her sitting at her desk I thought I was going to collapse. She was wearing a black button up blouse which clung to her figure reminding me of the weekend and seeing her in a singlet.

I knocked on the door, gaining her attention. When her caramel eyes met mine I could've sworn if I wasn't holding the door I would've melted. Her eyes quickly flickered up and down my figure before a small smile plastered on her lips.

"Come in Miss Ferris," she spoke calmly. I walked in, seeing Bradley turn in the chair to look at me. Vanessa was sitting in the other chair, holding her coffee in her hands.

"I-I have your coffee Miss West," I mumbled, grabbing it out of the holder and passing it to her.

"Thank you," she smiled. As she grabbed her coffee her fingers brushed against my hand which made my entire hand burn.

"We were discussing our profits from the last month," Aaliyah spoke, placing her coffee on her desk. I looked over the table and saw paperwork scattered.

"Which are seemingly lower than last," Bradley commented, resting his head on his fist.

"I wonder why that is," Aaliyah spoke bitterly, glaring at Bradley.