Five

Aaliyah's P.O.V

It was Sunday today which meant it was my day off. The company was opened Monday to Friday but I always worked on Saturdays to make sure everything was prepared and ready for the week and usually my interviews fell on Saturdays. Sunday's were strictly my day off unless something needed to be done that neither Hope or Vanessa could handle. I had my meeting with Benson yesterday and it went well on my part. We sorted out possible lawsuits I could use against Bradley and began gathering evidence. It was hard to gather any evidence for the physical things he had done but Benson said he would work something out. I knew the interview with Bradley was coming soon and I was silently preparing myself for it because I didn't know if it was going to be a positive or a negative outcome. knowing Bradley it was going to be negative.

I usually slept in the spare room now because I couldn't bear to be in the same room as Bradley. He repulsed me, especially after I saw him talking to Hope. I didn't know what the conversation was about but I had an idea it was about something uncomfortable. This was why I needed him out of the company. He was one step away from jeopardising all of the hard work that was put in. There was only so much I could do to keep the paparazzi from spreading headlines about cheating scandals.

I made my way out onto the balcony that overlooked the city. Cars were tooting and screeching against the roads below, people scattered around like tiny ants. After the divorce was final I knew I would be the one that would have to move which I didn't mind. The only thing I liked about this house was my study and it was very easy to recreate that within another home. I was thinking of relocating within a quieter place of the city, closer to the outskirts but it always meant longer trips to and from work. I didn't enjoy the constant background noise of cars so I was glad when Bradley installed soundproof windows and walls when we first brought the apartment. It was probably one of the only good things he achieved during our marriage.

"Want a glass?" I turned around to Bradley's words as he held a glass of red wine out for me. I glanced at my watch seeing it was only just pastre eleven in the morning.

"Sure," I replied flatly, grabbing the glass from his grasp and took an eager sip. The longer I stayed with Bradley the more I found myself drinking to cope with the stress. It was definitely becoming a problem.

"This week was another successful one," he spoke joining me to overlook the city.

"Very," I replied, remembering the statistical data Vanessa had left for me to review yesterday of the business's financial profit.

"You know, I contributed a lot this week," Bradley sighed with a smile, "I got Dander's to agree on a deal,"

"And what deal was that?" I questioned not remembering a deal with the company.

"To contribute fifty per cent of their share's to our company,"

"And why would you ask for their shares when we're perfectly fine financially?" I questioned, taking a sip of my wine.

"Because they're a large company and there is never not enough money," Bradley spoke, sipping his scotch.

"You should have run that financial deal through me first Bradley," I scolded, knowing this was part of the agreement he was breaching.

"I didn't think you would mind," he shrugged.

"I always contribute my partnerships to you before accepting a deal or pulling the plug because it's what our agreement states," I argued, making my way back into the house.

"Fuck the agreement, Aaliyah," he sighed, "were businessmen. We're supposed to make money, we're supposed to take risks," he continued following behind me to the kitchen.