Twenty-Six

Hope's P.O.V

I watched as Angelina hung up the phone, quickly averting her gaze to me. My heart was still racing. I still had no idea what was going on but I knew it wasn't going to be good. I was scared that she could just end my life right here right now, but what if she does the same go Aaliyah? I felt my heart drop into my stomach.

"Why the long face kid?" Angelina asked, kicking her heels towards me. I kept my gaze low, now wanting to look at her.

"I suppose while we wait I should give you a bit of back story about those so called adoptive parents of yours," Angelica sighed, pulling up a chair in front of me. She sat with her front to the back of the chair, resting her arms on the back. I glanced up at her, seeing a smirk on her face.

"I'll keep lookout," Bradley spoke, pulling out a small pistol much like Angelina's. I seriously felt like I was either going to pass out or have a heart attack.

"Ask away baby girl," Angelia smiled. I remained quiet trying to think of something to ask. All of this was out of the blue had I had no idea what to believe. None of this made any sense.

"W-why did they owe money?" I questioned, remembering that Aaliyah and Angelina had both told me Kasper wanted money from them. I knew they weren't rich but we had everything we needed. They were both retired when they adopted me and did volunteer work every other day, maybe they lied to me?

"Did you ever actually help your parents with their stupid volunteering?" She asked, twirling her hair around her finger.

"I-I did when I was younger," I replied honestly. As soon as I started studying more I had less time to help but I still tried as much as I could during study breaks.

"So you must've missed the point when your parents got into gambling?" She asked, raising her eyebrow at me. I furrowed my eyebrow, my heart pounding in my ears.

"I-," before I could finish, a gun shot sound echoed through the room. I jumped in my chair, feeling the ropes pull against my skin. Angelina quickly got up, smoothly pulling out her pistol, aiming it straight at my forehead. I squeezed my eyes shot, my body shaking with fear. I slowly opened my eyes as I heard heels clicking against the floor.

"Took you long enough," Angelina chuckled, "you came just for the best part of the story," she continued. I glanced over, seeing Aaliyah walk in with Bradley holding his arms behind his back. I could see the small blood stain coming from his white shirt. She had shot him.

"Let her go," Aaliyah spoke sternly , as she shoved Bradley down into the floor. I could see that she was in pain but I was also relieved she hadn't been shot.

"You didn't have to shoot him Aaliyah," Angelina groaned, still pointing the gun at me.

"Besides him deserving it he attacked me first, it was self defence," Aaliyah scoffed, walking towards us, "Let Hope go and we can talk about your stupid deal," Aaliyah breathed, throwing Bradley's gun onto the ground near Angelina's feet.

"But that defeats the purpose of having leverage over you to get my way," Angelina chuckled.

"Our way," Bradley groaned from the floor. In a quick flash, Angelina changed her position, shooting Bradley straight in the chest, causing him gasp in pain. I could feel the tears falling from my eyes as I witnessed Bradley begin to bleed out.

"That's better," Angelina sighed, bringing the gun back to me, "give me what I want or I'll shoot your little bitch," she spat. I had never seen Aaliyah look so angry in her life. I was still trembling, tears falling down my hot cheeks.

"What do you want?" Aaliyah asked, keeping her ground. Now that she was closer I could see a couple of cuts and blood on her face.

"Besides that sexy fighting face of yours?" She chuckled, "I want the company and I want you running it by my side," she finished. I watched Aaliyah, seeing as she looked Angelina straight in the eye.