Six

Hope's P.O.V

I walked into Mrs Inez's office and noticed she wasn't present but Vanessa was situated at her desk on the phone. I brought the coffees in, knocking to let Vanessa know I was here. She nodded at me, ushering for me to come over. I watched as she continued to talk on the phone and scribe notes.

"Yes. Mrs Inez can do Tuesday at ten thirty?"

"Okay, Yes, yes I understand, okay, bye Mrs Phillips," Vanessa hung up the phone, sighing heavily.

"Where's Mrs Inez?" I asked, approaching the table. Vanessa ran her fingers through her curls.

"Actually taking a day off," she laughed, scribbling notes down.

"Oh, well here's your coffee then," I placed her coffee beside her.

"Thank you Hope,"

"Do you know where Mrs Inez is?" I questioned, not knowing what to do with her coffee.

"She's with her mum having a personal day, however she did ask me this morning if you would drop her coffee off to her and to bring this paperwork," Vanessa mumbled, quickly gathering a stack of papers and sliding them into a folder.

"Okay," I replied, grabbing the folder from her.

"Get Ramirez to drive you, he should be out front waiting if not, get the receptionist to page him,"

"Do you need anything else done while I'm out?" I questioned.

"Not off the top of my head, just find out how long Mrs Inez is planning her personal leave because we will need to reschedule all of her appointments. It's bad enough I had to move an important one to tomorrow,"

"I'll message you when I know,"

"Okay," Vanessa smiled, grabbing her phone and dialling another number. I kept the coffee holder in my hand and the folder under my arm and made my way towards reception. I was curious as to why Mrs Inez decided to have a personal day so suddenly. I understood if an emergency popped up but if not I couldn't quite see why. The elevator ride down was packed with other employees talking or texting on their phones. When the lift opened they all wondered out. I quickly made my way across the lobby outside were Ramirez was waiting. He opened the limo door for me which I thanked him before climbing in.

"Where to Miss Ferris?" His Spanish accent thick.

"To Mrs Inez, although I'm not sure where that is," I mumbled, looking through the paperwork to try and find an address.

"I dropped Mrs Inez and Mrs West off this morning I will take you there,"

"Thank you, Ramirez," I smiled, noticing that within the file were divorce papers. I didn't look further into the folder but slammed it shut. I felt bad for stooping on Mrs and Mr Inez's private life but I did not know this was confidential. They were getting a divorce. Which must be what she meant that everything would be changing soon. Is this why she had a personal day? Because of the divorce?

Ramirez pulled the car up and when I glanced outside the tinted window I noticed it was a croquet club. I furrowed my eyebrows. What would Mrs Inez be doing at a croquet club? I climbed out of the limo, grabbing the folder and coffee and made my way inside. There were a lot of seniors walking around with croquet mallets and balls. I walked through the entry onto the grass and instantly spotted Mrs Inez because she was the tallest on the grass. Her hair was let loose, shaping around her face. She was wearing a baby blue long-sleeved polo that was tucked into a black skirt which sculpted her long tanned legs. I felt myself blush when her caramel eyes met mine.