Fifteen

Aaliyah's P.O.V

I glanced at Hope from my desk and watched her talk to Vanessa. I watched as she concentrated on what they were doing and shuffled through papers. I gathered they were organising my schedule or something. I couldn't help but smile at how beautiful she was even while working. She was still teasing me today with her attire which made me unconsciously tap my pen to focus on not making a move.

I was excited to have her over for dinner tonight and was going to leave earlier than usual to cook. I loved cooking but didn't do it as much since getting this job. When I was with Bradley we had a cook who made everything for us. The food was good but it wasn't as good as making it yourself.

"What are you staring at?" I glanced at the direction of my door and saw Bradley leaning against it with his arms crossed. I turned my gaze back to Vanessa who shrugged. Hope looked at me apologetically as if apologising for not warning me of his presence.

"Nothing in particular," I replied, "what do I owe the please?" I asked, making sure to sound as sarcastic as possible.

"My parents want to speak with you about the company," Bradley smiled coyly, as he sat in front of me. I narrowed my eyes at him.

"And what exactly do my ex-parent in-laws want to discuss?"

"That exactly," Bradley spoke, crossing his hands in his lap, "the company is Inez Institute, not Inez and West,"

"I don't think my last name should comprehend how the company is run,"

"Well being the original property owners and business management of the company before passing it down to us, they believe that statement to be false,"

"If this is your way of trying to get me to marry your sorry ass again Bradley you have no chance," I scoffed, seeing Vanessa strut into the room, "your parents are lucky to have my involvement within the company because without it the company wouldn't run as smoothly as it has,"

"They just want to speak with you about the company on Friday night over dinner,"

"Miss West is busy Friday night," Vanessa spoke, causing Bradley to turn his attention to her.

"Doing what?" He scoffed.

"Something that doesn't concern you,"

"Listen here Vanessa, I could get you fired in a heartbeat-,"

"And I could get you arrested Bradley," she spoke with malice, folding her arms across her chest.

"Enough," I sighed, leaning back on my chair, "I will have dinner to discuss work matters but that is it. You may leave now Bradley unless you have useful information about those meetings you've attended the past couple days,"

"Why have you become so rude?" He chuckled bitterly, shaking his head.

"Well anyone that was partnered with you would become this way. I suppose you act how your treated," I replied. Bradley's jaw clenched as he quickly lept over the desk attempting to grab me but Vanessa was quicker and quickly locked his elbow and held it behind his back so he was winning against the desk. I was completely stunned at her action and so was Hope who sat at her desk with her mouth hung open.

"I suggest you leave Bradley before I call the cops for continual assault," Vanessa spoke calmly, yanking him from the desk and shoving him forward so he ended up on the floor. He quickly stumbled up, fixing his suit up.

"It'll come back to bite you, I promise you that!" He spat, pointing between Vanessa and I before storming out of the office.

"You continue to surprise me Vanessa," I chuckled breathlessly, still stunned at her quick movements. She laughed slightly, a smile forming on her lips.