Three

Hope's P.O.V

I sat at the desk working through the papers for Mr. Greenwood's interview that Mrs Inez asked me to do. I was nearly finished making key points she needed to know about his company. From a business point of view there wasn't much wrong with his company except he didn't have a large enough revenue to sell which was clearly why he was seeking help from Inez Institute. I looked over his renting history and discovered discrepancies with rent payments. His payments were sometimes late or he paid extra in certain weeks to cover for other payments he couldn't cover. I began sorting through his sales and business history when I heard the door open. I glanced up seeing Mrs Inez walk through towards her office. She kept her head high, her black hair neatly pulled back into a small ponytail. Her cheek bones were sculpted and defined. I noticed a faint red mark on her cheek but decided against saying anything as she closed her office door. I watched her carefully, seeing as she walked towards the windows that overlooked the city. She stood, her hands together behind her back. I glanced up again when I heard Vanessa's heels against the tile floor. I quickly made it look like I was working and listened as she entered Mrs Inez's office.

I watched them carefully making sure to hold paper up so it looked like I was reading. Vanessa stood behind Mrs Inez as if speaking to her. She turned around, her face remained neutral as her lips moved. I watched as her eyes flickered to me. I quickly dropped my paper and moved a few things around to make it look like it wasn't on purpose. I grabbed my pen, writing a few more things down when I heard the office door open.

"How are the notes coming along Miss Ferris?" Mrs Inez asked me, standing in front of my desk. I looked up, feeling intimidated having her so close to me. I could smell the familiar rich but sweet scent of her perfume, a smell that I couldn't quite recognise but wanted to somehow smell more.

"G-good I've finished," I stuttered, mentally scolding myself for being so nervous around her. I piled up the notes, placing the dotted notes first and handed them to her. She delicately grabbed it from my grasp. I watched as her brown eyes scanned the words on the page. Her eyes were this sweet honey brown or they could almost be a caramel brown. Her lips looked soft and her lips glistened under the light. Her lips were moving slowly, a small smirk tugged in the edge of her lip but it didn't fully come through.

"Miss Ferris," her voice echoed in my mind.

"Yes Mrs Inez?" I replied, meeting her eyes.

"I asked if you finished looking at Mr Greenwood's sales history to figure out the discrepancy of rent payments," she completed her smirk, her eyes glistening with humour.

"Uh yes I was just doing that," I stuttered, feeling my face flush.

"Is that so?" Mrs Inez questioned, a small chuckle leaving her lips. I watched as she crouched down, so our faces were level, "Then why were you looking in my office?" She questioned, a smirk resting on her lips.

"I was thinking," I quickly blurted out, wiping my hands against my skirt.

"And you happened to be staring in my direction?" She asked, pouting her lips slightly in thought.

"I-yes," I replied, my face flushing a brighter red.

"Very well then," Mrs Inez spoke quietly, "thank you for the notes," she smiled, standing up again, "could you please go and get me another coffee?" She asked, taking a card out of her pant pocket, "treat yourself and go for lunch," she smiled at me, holding the card out.

"Of course," I smiled, standing up and grabbing the card. It slipped out of my hand and we both went for it, Mrs Inez just beating me. She chuckled, her eyes meeting mine.