Chapter 41: Frozen Lakes Are Cold

Happy Valentine's Day everyone! Personally, I like the day after today better, because all of the chocolate is discounted. But that's just me. 

~~~

Harry angrily yanked off the necklace and slammed it into Hermione's open hand.

Before she could say anything else, Percy strode away from them and the camp.

~~~

Percy didn't know how long he walked for. The forest was dark. He was upset. He knew he shouldn't've gone off on Harry like that... but the prick did deserve it. 

Percy rubbed his head exhausted. Getting your arm nearly split off apparently takes a lot out of a person. 

Without meaning too, or even realizing it, Percy found himself standing in front of a lake. 

~~~

"You need to apologize." Hermione reprimanded.

Harry sighed. "Why?" Hermione gave him a look. "Yeah okay." Harry got up from his spot next to the fire. "Ron, want to come?" 

Ron looked between Harry and the fire. "Not particularly, no." 

Harry hung his head. He noticed Hermione wasn't wearing the locket. "'Mione?"

"Hm?"

"Where's the locket?" 

"I'm not going to tell you where that thing is right as you go off to find Percy."

"Fine." Harry walked towards the tent. Noticing Hermione's curious gaze he said, "Grabbing some water." Hermione nodded.

Harry walked into the tent, closing the flap behind him. Very quietly, Harry said, "Accio locket!" A necklace zoomed towards his outstretched hand from the next room. Harry smiled, putting the locket into his pocket. 

~~~

Percy stared at the frozen lake. Mind blank, he carelessly walked onto the thin ice and fell through; becoming encompassed in the freezing, dark, water. 

~~~

Harry walked out of the tent. "Right, then. Guess I'll go find Percy," He said to no one in particular. Ignoring Ron and Hermione, Harry walked into the forest trying his best to follow Percy. 

It took five minutes of Harry randomly walking to realize a) he had no idea where he was going and b) he had no way of actually tracking Percy. 

Harry stopped. He shivered. He looked behind him to see that the campsite was far in the distance, the tent just barely noticeable. Harry pulled his jacket tighter around him. 

Suddenly, a light formed in the trees taking the shape of a doe. 

Harry stared at the doe, as it stared right back. With no words, it pranced through the trees. Harry looked back behind himself, then ran to follow the deer. 

~~~

"I'm going to try getting some sleep." Hermione yawned.

"Shouldn't we wait for them to get back?" Ron asked, sitting up from his place near the fire.

Hermione looked back at him, chuckling slightly. "Knowing those two, it'll be hours before we see them."

Ron nodded. "I'm going to wait."

"Okay. 'Night, Ron."

"Good night." Ron stared into the fire, holding his hands towards it, as Hermione walked inside of the warm tent.