Bonus: Cardboard Boxes

"Got everything?" Annabeth said.

Percy's head peeked out upside down from behind a pile of cardboard boxes. "Almost. Just gotta grab one more thing," He said, before his head disappeared. 

Annabeth listened as she heard Percy rummage around the attic of the Big House; chuckling slightly when she heard a light thump and colorful choice words leave her husband's mouth. 

"You good, Perce?" She called.

A few more thumps followed, before she heard his muffled response, "Yeah."

"Just checking."

Annabeth stared at the boxes surrounding her and wondered how they were going to get all of it to Camp Jupiter. She was honestly surprised at the amount of stuff they had. Granted, most of it was stolen stuff Percy found hidden around camp, so she was pretty sure by the time they actually left camp, there would be significantly less boxes to worry about.

"Okay," Percy jumped down from the opening in the attic. "Found it." 

Annabeth watched as Percy tried to catch his breath, beads of sweat beginning to line his forehead. 

"Two questions: One, what happened up there? And two, do I even want to know what that is?" She pointed to the grimy vase in Percy's hands. Annabeth was pretty sure the color was supposed to be blue, instead of the ugly green rust it was covered in.  

"It's a vase," Percy stared at her with a 'duh' expression on his face. "And uh nothing that I can't handle." He gave her his signature crooked smile.

Annabeth shook her head and smiled. "Okay, but... why the trouble for the vase?"

"What else am I going to use to put the flowers in?"

She continued to gaze at him, only growing more confused. "Flowers?"

Percy smiled. "When we get to New Rome we'll have been married for a month. I wanna get you flowers, and- bonus- they'll look nice in our new place."

Annabeth grinned. "You're so cheesy."

"I know," He said, walking close to her until their foreheads touched. Percy leaned in for a kiss, but before Annabeth could match him, he pulled away and yelled, "Race you to the van!"

Annabeth stood dumbfounded. She just got played. Taking out her knife, she ran after him. "Oh no you don't!"