Chapter 31: A Series of Unfortunate Dreams

"D'you think that we could have the next weeks- months maybe- off from classes? We've got some questing and prophecy stuff to do."

"Why yes, of course. I'll arrange it with your professors."

"Thanks." Percy looked back towards Harry, Ron, and Hermione. "Rest up guys, cause first thing in the morning- we're figuring out how to get Annabeth back, and how to save the wizard world."

~~~

"Perseus, Percy..." Percy woke up startled. What in Hades? He looked around unfamiliar with his surroundings. This was not the Gryffindor boys dormitory. "Percy..." Percy whipped his head around to find the voice.

"You have many allies Perseus, but among them lie your greatest foes." Hecate advised. 

"Lady Hecate?" Percy called. All around him was black. He couldn't see anything. Except a lamppost. "Am I in Narnia?" 

Lady Hecate laughed. "No, Perseus. You are at a crossroads."

Percy groaned. "Aren't I always? You never showed up then." Percy started walking through the darkness towards the lamppost. "Besides, I'm not at one right now. Harry, Hermione, Ron, and I are making a plan to save Annabeth and get rid of Voldemort."

Percy reached the lamppost. "Perseus." He turned around to see Hecate standing in front of him. "You're plan is why you're here."

"I'm not following."

"You said you have a plan to conquer Lord Voldemort and a plan to save Annabeth Chase."

"Yeah. Except it's not two separate plans. It's one." Percy said. Hecate stared at him. "Oh."

"Perseus, you can only follow one road through this. Save the wizarding world, or save Annabeth."

Percy gaped. "Why can't I do both? Why do I have to choose? Lady Hecate please don't make me choose. We both know what my priority is."

Hecate solemnly nodded. "Then it seems you have made up your mind." Hecate began to walk away. 

"Yeah." Percy was silent for a second, then the realization struck him. "Wait! Lady Hecate!"

Hecate turned around. 

"What happens if I choose the road to Annabeth? What happens to the wizarding world?"

"Only time can tell, Perseus. You know the prophecy."

"But I-"

"Think about this meeting when making your plan. Only you can save one."  

Hecate turned around and disappeared into the darkness, and with her, the lamppost.

The darkness surrounded Percy.  

~~~

"Percy wake up!" Annabeth aggressively shook Percy. 

"Huh- wha?" Percy's eyes felt groggy. 

Annabeth laughed. "You've been asleep for nearly a week. You drool when you sleep you know."  She joked, referencing when they first met.

"A week? Wait- what?" Percy sat up in his bed and realized that he was in the infirmary back at camp. "Why am I at the camp's infirmary?" Percy asked Annabeth.

"Uh, cause you're a demigod, and you're injured? Honestly Seaweed Brain, how hard did you hit your head? Will said you'd be in a coma from the injuries you got in Tartarus, but he said the head wound should be fine."