Chapter 4: The Burrow

With a crack, they appeared in front of a sideways looking shack.

"This...is the Burrow?"

"Yes, Percy." Dumbledore knocked on the door and a woman with frazzled red hair greeted them.

"Dumbledore!"

"Hello, Molly, it's good to see you. This is Percy."

Percy wasn't an idiot. He noticed the apprehensive look she gave him, but passed it off as protective.

"Well come in dear, you must be cold." Molly gestured then inside the dimly lit hallway, and it was then Percy realized it had started drizzling. He didn't even need to focus on staying dry, it just happened.

"Everybody's at the Order Headquarters, but we thought it'd be nice to get you caught up to speed away from everyone." Molly gave him a warm smile.

"Thanks."

They walked into a living room, and sat down on the couch and chairs.

"Percy, why don't you tell Mrs. Weasley about yourself." Dumbledore said.

The demigod in question gave a sharp look towards him then started. "My full name is Perseus Jackson, but just call me Percy. I'm 19 and I live in Manhattan, New York. I'm a- uh, also a part time camp counselor."

"Well...Percy, do you know why you're here?"

Percy deadpanned, "You need me for a war I had no intentions on fighting."

Mrs. Weasley's eyebrows shot up and Dumbledore's wrinkled deepened. Percy wasn't going to lie, he didn't need to make friends. He needed to go back and keep searching for Annabeth.

"Percy, dear, we were told that you had connections that would be helpful and needed for us to succeed in the war." Molly hesitantly continued, "You're a powerful wizard Percy, you just need to unlock and train your potential."

Percy could try and see where she was coming from, but to him, it sounded all too familiar to when Luke tried to get him to betray his friends. To betray Annabeth.

"Look, Mrs. Weasley, I appreciate this. I do. But I didn't ask for this. I don't even want to be here. The only reason I am is because Dumbledore so kindly insisted that I be here, in order to protect your world."

"Our world, my boy." Dumbledore corrected. Percy stood up and glared at the old man.

"Don't call me 'your boy.' You didn't earn that. And to be honest, I don't trust you. You're hiding something and I can tell by the way you share side glances with Mrs. Weasley. So why don't you tell me what it is, or so help me, I will walk right out that door, and I won't look back."

The Burrow was silent following Percy's outburst. Percy slowly removed his hand from Riptide, unaware that he even pulled it out in the first place. Luckily, he never uncapped it so Molly never saw his sword.

Mrs. Weasley was stunned. This was not the boy that Dumbledore had described to her days prior, this was a man who had been through hardships that she could never imagine. This was a wizard who had never learned the truth.

Dumbledore looked back towards Percy to see him defensively standing next to the chair. Dumbledore watched him put his pen back into his pocket, and cross his arms glaring at the old headmaster. He should have known Chiron was right. Percy was broken, but that didn't mean his battle instincts were dull. They were sharper than ever. And right now, Dumbledore had set the young demigod on edge.

"You're right, Perseus. I have not been entirely honest with you." Percy held back his comments, allowing Dumbledore to continue. "I am sure you are aware of the prophecy. Yes?" Percy nodded. He's known about the prophecy since immediately after the Giant War had ended. it plagued him, and Annabeth wasn't there to help.