Chapter 15: Aqua Spiritum Sermo

Hermione looked over to where Percy used to be. "Maybe, he knew we were following him. He's got good senses. He probably suspected we weren't actually going to Hagrid's."

"He could be telling Umbridge of our plan." Ron guessed.

"Or," Harry countered, "He's probably talking to Voldemort as we speak."

~~~

"So then I was like "yeah I guess my parents really do like greek mythology" and the only reason they're holding me at arms length is because of Hecate's letter, and it just, it just sucks, Chiron." Percy ranted.

"Sounds like you've had quite a week, my boy." Chiron sympathized through the Iris Message.

"Ha, yeah, guess so." Percy stared off at the shimmering IM. He's never really tried it underwater, but he's gotta admit, it's way easier to manage.

"What else, Percy, has happened?"

Percy gazed at Chiron's concerned face. "I- I keep having these dreams. Of Voldemort, and Annabeth. They all end up different, but what if, what if she's actually alive Chiron? My dreams, they haven't lied before."

Chiron slowly nodded.

"If she dies, Chiron, that's on me. If Voldemort actually has her, he's using her as leverage- to get to me. I'll kill him, Chiron. If he hurts her the second I see him, I'm going to kill him. And I'm going to get her back."

"My boy," Chiron started, but Percy was already shaking his head, not listening. "If Voldemort has her, she may already be dead."

"No." Percy shook his head. "I won't let him hurt her."

"From the sounds of it, Percy, he may have already."

"How could you say that?" Percy yelled. "How can you sit by with the knowledge that someone as evil as Voldemort has Annabeth- that Annabeth could be alive- and do nothing about it?"

Chiron hung his head. "I know this is hard for you, it's hard for me too." Chiron looked at Percy, seeing the tears stream down the demigod's face. "But we have to accept the potential idea, that this is all a mind trick. Voldemort is a powerful wizard, who uses dark magic to his advantage. It could be a trick."

Percy's face hardened. "It's not. I'm going to get her back."

Chiron could see the determination in the young son of Poseidon and knew there was no changing his mind.

"I should go. Harry, Hermione, and Ron are probably back from Hagrid's and I should be in the common room before they think I'm a death eater or whatever."

Chiron smiled. He knew Percy didn't like being at Hogwarts, but there was no denying that it was good for his sanity. "Alright. Remember the prophecy, Percy. It's best not to forget it."

Percy gave a small ironic smile. "How could I?"

With that, Percy ended the Iris Message and swam to the top of the lake. Chances are there'd be students in the common room, and seeing as that apparating was forbidden on Hogwarts' grounds, Percy decided to walk.

On his way back to Hogwarts, he ran into the trio.

"Oh, hey guys! How was Hagrid's? He doing alright?" Percy asked.

Hermione hesitated. "Uh, yes. He's doing great." She rushed. Percy stared at her; he's interrogated enough to know when someone was lying.

Ron quickly changed the topic. "What've you been up to?"

"Just walking around I guess. Went for a swim in the lake." The trio stopped walking and stared at Percy. Percy stopped walking and stared back. "What?"