Chapter 5: When Harry Met Percy

Against Percy's better judgement he entered the building first, and was immediately assaulted by a screaming portrait.

"Just ignore her, she's always been rather a pain." Dumbledore said.

Percy wasn't startled from the fact that the painting was yelling at him, he was more shocked at the fact that the painting was yelling at all. Mrs. Weasley walked in from behind him, chuckling slightly at his discomfort, and began walking down the hallway.

Percy didn't think it was very funny.

He was going to follow Mrs. Weasley until Dumbledore motioned for him to stay. The headmaster began to tell him about the history of the house and the portrait. Percy didn't listen to it. Instead, he was trying to make out the hushed conversation from behind the doors at the end of the hallway. 

"What is he doing here?" Percy heard a male voice angrily whisper. Percy assumed that he was the "he" the boy referred to.

"Because Harry, he's a powerful wizard." A girl whispered just as loudly back. 

Percy decided to go introduce himself. He didn't want to be here, and that boy- Harry- clearly didn't want him there either. Besides, Dumbledore's history lesson was extremely boring.

"And besides, we don't know that he-" It was then that Percy walked through the door.

Silence fell over the room as Percy surveyed the people he walked in on. He vaguely noticed Dumbledore walk in behind him and take a seat. 

A group of three teens stood opposite him- a boy with ginger hair, a boy who looked like a skinnier version of himself, and a girl who reminded him a lot about Anna- no. A girl with bushy brown hair. 

Standing behind him he guessed was Mrs. Weasley's family. They all had ginger hair. That, and Molly looked like she would murder him if he took one step towards them. 

The rest of the small room was crowded with various adults, whom he assumed were all wizards. 

Considering they all had pointy sticks that he no doubted could very well kill him, Percy thought it would be best to be diplomatic. Or at least try to, seeing as his grandfather was a notorious dark wizard and all.

"Um. Hi. I'm Percy Jackson." Percy held his hand out to the boy who looked like himself.

The boy stared at Percy's hand. No one moved. Maybe shaking hands wasn't something they did here?

"Harry." Harry made no move towards Percy. He just stood there, glaring.

Percy didn't know what to do. So, he took his hand back and continued to be nice cause what's the worst that can happen? They send him home? Good. 

"It's uh, nice to meet you. Harry Potter, right? Dumbledore, he uh, he's told me a lot about you." 

Harry continued to stare. If anything, Percy saying that made him glare harder. Not that this had any effect on Percy- he perfected the death glare at age 12. 

The rest of the wizards, though, Percy could sense they were uncomfortable. They tensed every time he talked, gripping their wands. Jokes on them, Percy didn't even have a wand yet. 

"Dumbledore, he uh, said you needed help fighting against this Voldewart guy-" Percy could tell he messed up. Harry whipped out his wand and pointed it at him, causing everyone else to point their wands as well.

Percy put his hands up in surrender. He did not need to get blasted today. 

"Don't you dare say that we need your help!" Harry yelled. 

Percy was getting annoyed. He was diplomatic even though Dumbledore all but kidnapped him, and drafted him for their wizard war.

"Look, Harry, dude. I don't want to fight in your war, okay? I want to go back to New York and live out what's left of my life in peace. Your headmaster here is the one who brought me into this. Put the wand down." 

"Don't. Don't try and act like you're nice. You're just like him! I put my wand down, and you'll take yours and use it to kill everyone in this room!" Harry fumed. 

"I don't have a wand! And I don't care if you live or die, so get over the ego and put your wand down."

"Stup-" 

"Expelliarmus!" Harry's wand flew out of his hand onto the floor. "Accio!" The wand flew towards the brown haired girl who caught it effortlessly. 

The room went silent once more. 

"Hermione-"

"Shut it, Harry." The girl- Hermione- faced Percy. "You don't have a wand." 

Percy didn't know how to respond. It wasn't a question. So he just shook his head no.

"That's what I thought. And you-" Hermione faced Harry. "If he was with Voldemort-" 

Right, Vol-de-mort. Percy thought.

"-don't you think he would have a wand?"

"He could have left it somewhere, knowing that we would say that!"

"Honestly, Harry. Do you hear yourself? You don't even know this man. Give him a chance to explain who he is, then you can try and kill him." Hermione ranted.

Percy smiled. She reminded him of Annabeth. He tensed. Annabeth wasn't gone, so he needed to stop acting like she was. 

Harry glared. "Fine." He warily put his wand down. 

Percy wasn't sure what to do. He should at least be nice to Hermione right? She did help him even though she knew about Grandpa Voldy Wart. 

No one else in the room moved. Percy wasn't sure why it was up to a 17 year old girl to stop Harry and not say, Dumbledore, or any of the other adults in the room, but unfortunately Percy learned a long time ago that adults typically don't intervene in situations (unless it's his mom of course). 

Thankfully, Molly spoke up before Harry could commit first degree murder. 

"Why don't we sit and have some tea? Percy, dear, would you like some tea?" Molly was already heading towards the kettle, using her wand to make it heat up and cups fly around the room.

"Um, sure, yeah I'd like some, uh tea...thanks." 

"Good. Have a seat dear." Percy looked towards the table, where members of the Order have already started sitting down. 

Of course, because good luck isn't a word in Percy's vocabulary, the only open chair was next to the one and only, Harry "I hate Percy" Potter. 

Between Harry's glaring, and the uncomfortable atmosphere of the room, Percy decided to stand.

The magic kettle floated around the room filling up everyone's tea cups. 

"Percy."

"Hm?"

"Sit down, dear."

"Uh, no thanks, Molly. You should have the seat."

Percy guessed that the Order assumed he was a rude human (ha) being, because shock was written all over their faces.

"Molly, thank you for the tea, but we should be going." Practically every adult started to stand up and apparate away. The only people who remained were the Weasleys, Harry, and Hermione. 

Percy gave a slight scowl. He couldn't remember Dumbledore leaving. Here one second, gone the next. Manipulative old man, Percy thought. 

Mrs. Weasley took her tea. "Well, then. We have much to discuss."