Chapter 55: Golden Snitch

Percy stared off into the forest. "I'm going to finish this."

"You're going to get yourself killed."

"To be honest Draco, I can't see it any either way."

~~~

Percy walked through the forest, unsure of how to actually get to Voldemort. His best guess would be that he was still at Malfoy Manor, meaning that he needed to actually be able to decently apparate to get to the noseless psycho. 

He could see the sun peeking through the trees, when he decided to take a break. Resting next to a tree trunk, Percy pulled out Riptide and began to fiddle with it. 

He knew he was being stupid. 

He also knew that he didn't care. 

It was then that Percy noticed a faint whirring next to his ear. 

Whipping his head around, he became face to face with a golden ball with wings. 

He vaguely remembered Hermione telling him that it had something to with Quidditch, that it was important to Harry, or something like that. 

Clearly Hecate didn't think wizard sports were an important thing to catch him up on. 

Reaching out, Percy grabbed the golden snitch, feeling the wings slow down and ultimately stop. He carefully opened up his hand, not wanting it to fly away. Instead, the snitch opened and inside was a rock.

A rock. 

Right after he took out the stone, the snitch closed up and darted away. 

Percy sighed looking down at the rock in his hand. 

He figured it must've held some sort of importance or else it wouldn't be hidden. Deciding not to dwell on it any further, Percy put it in his pocket and stood up.

"Here goes nothing," He mumbled, before apparating to the Manor. 

Percy opened his eyes to find himself still standing next to the tree.

"You have got to be kidding me," Percy groaned. Making sure he had Riptide and the stone in his pocket, he began walking towards where he was pretty sure the Malfoy Manor was. 

~~~

Empty.

The entire place was empty. 

After walking around every possible room, the only signs of people that he could find were drops of blood in the main hall, and a broken chandelier.

Not to mention the crack that Percy conveniently made during his vacation there. 

He angrily kicked a piece of rubble on the ground. 

No one was here.

How could he have been so stupid?

He let Voldemort get inside his head, and now, Percy was all alone in the Manor while Voldemort and his death posse were probably attacking Hogwarts. 

And Percy wasn't there to help. 

Gods he was so stupid.

By the time he left the Manor the sun was well past the trees, meaning that he wasted hours.

Hours.

He attempted apparating to Hogwarts.

Shockingly enough, it didn't work.

Muttering many curse words, Percy began running back to Hogwarts. 

~~~

"Maybe he was wrong," Thalia suggested, as she, Nico, Will, and Annabeth sat on Hogwarts front steps looking out over the field.

Annabeth shook her head. "No, no they're just waiting for something." She looked down at Percy's ring in her hand. 

"I for one, am glad they at least waited the day to attack. My powers are so much cooler at night," Nico said.

Will lightly slapped his boyfriend on the head. 

"Ow," Nico mumbled, rubbing the spot where he was smacked.

"It's harder to see at night, idiot," Thalia said.

"You're just jealous that you can't raise skeleton armies."

Thalia snorted. "Please. I can summon lightning at the tips of my fingers. Try me Death Breath."

"Yeah let's go Sparkles."

"Hey, quit it. We have better things to worry about."

"Annabeth's right," Will said. "Things such as where Harry, Ron, and Hermione are."

"Thought they said they got a lead on some horcruxes?" Nico asked. 

Before anyone could respond, Annabeth saw figures running towards Hogwarts' barrier. 

"Schist!" Will, Thalia, and Nico spun around to face towards where Annabeth was pointing. 

The group watched as the figures disintegrated once they hit the shield. 

Professors and students alike ran outside and watched as a massive army of Death Eaters and monsters crowded on top of a hill. 

Within seconds, Hogwarts' shield fell and Voldemort's Army attacked.