Chapter 7

I pulled my arm behind my back and looked innocently up at Anthony from two meters away.

"Steven..." He started.

Without thinking, I fled up to the guest bedroom on the second floor, and shut the door behind me. Why did I have to be so careless. So stupid.

"Idiot..." I whispered just loud enough for myself to hear. "Careless...stupid...unlovable.."

I paced back and forth repeatedly at the foot of the bed. Unloved. Unloveable. Useless. Careless. My feet wandered into the connected bathroom and I quickly started searching the cabinets. Bingo. I pulled out the cold, silvery metal and held it in my hand.

"Useless.." I whispered once more, and hastily started scratching my skin.

-~ Anthony's POV (Chilled) -~

"Steven!" I banged on the wooden door, "Open the door!"

No reply. Just the slight sob of tears.

"I can help you Steven!" I hit the door once more. "If you don't open this door I will break it down!"

As I reached for the handle, it turned open. I pushed it open wider and stepped into the room.

"W-what can you d-do?" Steven asked and let out a shaky breath.

"I can start by doing this." I walked into the bathroom and pulled out the First Aid kit.

I took Steven's bloodied arm in my hand. "This might hurt a little."

•*•*•*•*•*•

I got Steven to calm down as I went to get a bottle of water.

"So are you going to tell me what's wrong now?" I sat down beside him and passed him the bottle.

"I-I u-um... maybe later.." He stuttered.

"Okay, buddy, tell me when you're ready,"

I stood and turned off the bedroom light switch.

"Anthony...?"

"Yeah, Steven?"

"Can you lay with me... I don't want to be alone.."

"Of course,"

I stepped back over to the bed and laid next to my love. He snuggled up to my side and shut his eyes, my arm instinctively wrapped around him, in a protective gesture.